HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's a quick rundown of all the latest and newest stuff that didn't work in 10.7.4 that now works in 10.8 natively.

ivybridgelogo.jpeg

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5/i7 Ivy Bridge CPUs
Native kernel and power management support in OS X Mountain Lion

Intel HD 4000 Onboard Graphics

Use DVI port, and you may have to unplug and replug for full support
hd4000-1.png

hd4000-2.png

hd4000-3.png

680.jpeg

NVIDIA GeForce 6xx Series
Works natively without any injection- use GraphicsEnabler=No
GT640-1.png

GT640-2.png

GT640-3.png

Thunderbolt.jpeg

Thunderbolt
Native support for "Cactus Ridge" controllers. No hotswap support yet- device needs to be plugged at boot.
tb-4.png

tb-5.png

tb-3.png

tb-1.png

tb-2.png

All of this new support is very exciting- we need everyone to test if they have the new hardware, and report their findings. I'm sure we'll make all of this work great with little to no tweaking eventually. Make a new thread in the Mountain Lion forums, or leave a comment here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tony!
Is there any way yet to get Nvidia 6xx cards working with graphics enabler set to yes. Also, what impact does it have being set to no? Thanks. Im waiting for the new custo-macs to be released before I buy any of my parts.

As far as my own testing goes, the GT 640 is perfectly native- QE/CI, OpenCL using a new preset in the driver that is only in 10.8 Mountain Lion. So no need for any injection!

You need to understand what GraphicsEnabler=Yes does , or what is set to No does.

Graphics enabler is a feature of Chimera that will "patch" your graphics card string from a DB.
Essentially MacMan and TonyMac update the list of cards so OSX will then load the native drivers.

YOU WANT TO RUN WITH GRAPHICS ENABLER=NO if you can!!!!

Since this means OSX will simply just work with its own drivers no need to patch a thing ;).
You can also use graphics enabler=yes but chances are your card isn't in the updated in the DB.
Its like making 3 left turns to go the right way , why waste you or your computers time on extra worthless steps.

Not to mention running graphics enabler when its not needed can cause problems ;)

How are you getting that score on Geekbench. I have i7-3770 3.4ghz 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM GTX 570 - and i can only pull 12999 in ML and 13120 in Lion

Good stuff tony :)

You need to understand what GraphicsEnabler=Yes does , or what is set to No does.

Graphics enabler is a feature of Chimera that will "patch" your graphics card string from a DB.
Essentially MacMan and TonyMac update the list of cards so OSX will then load the native drivers.

YOU WANT TO RUN WITH GRAPHICS ENABLER=NO if you can!!!!

Since this means OSX will simply just work with its own drivers no need to patch a thing ;).
You can also use graphics enabler=yes but chances are your card isn't in the updated in the DB.
Its like making 3 left turns to go the right way , why waste you or your computers time on extra worthless steps.

Not to mention running graphics enabler when its not needed can cause problems ;)

OK, I had no idea, does that relate to openCL in any way?

How are you getting that score on Geekbench. I have i7-3770 3.4ghz 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM GTX 570 - and i can only pull 12999 in ML and 13120 in Lion

I set my RAM to XMS Profile 1 in the UEFI- then I get the higher performance of 1600 ram. ;)

in some ways yes and no but since the cats out of the bag openCL works oob on most 2012 GPUs and later for both AMD and NVIDIA but if you are starting a new build might as well get NVIDIA 6xx series since its the latest tip of the hat from Apple for GPUs but I have full acceleration on my GTX 550ti and AMD 6870 , quad monitors on the 6870. Havent messed with more then 2 on the 560

in some ways yes and no but since the cats out of the bag openCL works oob on most 2012 GPUs and later for both AMD and NVIDIA but if you are starting a new build might as well get NVIDIA 6xx series since its the latest tip of the hat from Apple for GPUs but I have full acceleration on my GTX 550ti and AMD 6870 , quad monitors on the 6870. Haven't messed with more then 2 on the 550.

And that's strange @vkfresh , you running x64 benchmark ?
This is what my benchmark is on my 550ti set up , GPU has nothing to do with CPU test ;)
And Its a hella old SSD 64GB .

MacPro3,1 - Geekbench Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back