Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been running the 650Ti Boost Superclocked with no major problems..

Only situation is that can't get the audio to work thru the display-port to mini-display-port cable -
when using the a late '09 iMac as a monitor.

Is there something I need to add to the plist? ... or a DDST similar to getting the HDMI audio to work with the HD4000?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the DP audio is running fine when the machine boots into Windows... gaming on this thing is pretty nice!

Having sleep issues 650 ti SSC

Only putting monitor to sleep, not the computer and wakes ok. Just graphics enabler no. That's all, any solutions?

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Confirmed here. ML 10.8.3 & Gigabyte GTX 660 OC: works like a charm. Obviously, GRAPHICS ENABLER = NO. Using Clover EFI boot loader...
i have problem with this card in web browser, flash crash and sometimes freeze os x. can you help me to find solution?
really thanks

I got my gigabyte GTX 650ti in the mail yesterday, followed a specific way that was listed to install the card and booted. My card is recognized by my system and the name is listed corretly. CUDA drivers installed no problem. I have played League of Ledgends to test the card and I get excellent fps. My problem is when I switch between spaces or enter mission control the screen gets extremely laggy. I wouldn't even use smooth to describe this when compared to my HD4000 which was the definition of smooth. Does anyone have any idea why my graphics would become laggy only using OSX functions and not during games?

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Can anyone help to get my gtx660 working
am tired of this brand new gpu

May be my little experience with GTX 650 Ti Boost help to someone. After 3 years building hackintosh i buy Apple LED Cimena Display 27. My choice was older LED Cinema Display model becouse it has mini display port. I change my old graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 to new one EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 with display port and buy display port to mini display port adapter and all is working like a charm. No post installation is needed just pull out old card and put inside the new one. Click Here to see how it works.

My Hackintosh spec:
OS X 10.8.4
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz
HDD - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz

PS: I read somewhere on tonymac forum that some people has problem with display port on GTX 650 from other company (gigabyte, asus, saphire) so why go to risk, i buy EVGA (is a little bit expensive) but it has 100 % working display port on hackintosh.

I have a gtx 660 and I have problems with games being very choppy even with high frame rate.

Any solution to this yet?

Update: Installed, Asus 2G GTX 660 Card now on Clover all good!

I think I messed this up. I was running 10.8.3 with a 460, upgraded with 660, black screen after apple logo.
I followed a thread saying I had to install Nvidia driver and the set GraphicsEnabler=No.

I did that, but since I was on 10.8.3 and that thread was for 10.8.2, I had to force install the drivers and I think I shouldn't have.

Now, I get stuck on apple logo wit 660, and only a black screen with 460.

I have a dual boot with Windows 7 so I edited the plist in Extra folder to put back GraphicsEnabler=yes so I could run on 460 again, but no luck.

Is there a way to go back to the previous drivers and undo that stupid thing I did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back