Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Hi All,

I have a GTX 650 Ti working fine in 10.8.3 (at least it seems to be performing well with FCP X and Photoshop) and sleep / wake works perfectly however in my system info it shows as NVidia D14P2-30.

Does anyone know why this is?

S. :thumbup:

Its just cosmetic in the next update of the OS X this will be fixed.

Having an issue with Gigabyte GTX 660: Can't get dual monitors.
One monitor is 23in and the other 20in. Both Apple cinema dvi-d

This is a fresh install of 10.8.3 with GraphicsEnabler set on "No"
Have not installed Nvidia drivers.

Any suggestions? Should I use the Nvidia drivers?

Thanks

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Thanks

Same Graphics card,
I had the same problem when i used GraphicsEnabler=No, used YES and all ports Will works correctly.

Same Graphics card,
I had the same problem when i used GraphicsEnabler=No, used YES and all ports Will works correctly.

Just tried it... I get the white screen and it holds there.

Have I missed out on a kext?

Just tried it... I get the white screen and it holds there.

Have I missed out on a kext?

Well that screwed up my system!

Had to remove the 660 re-enable the on board graphics, boot up in safe mode, GraphicsEnabler to "No", put the gpu back in and start again.

Thanks

From what I've read, it's a good idea to use the nVidia drivers, even if Apple has built-in support for a particular video card in your version of Mac OS. I have an EVGA GTX 660 SC (Best Buy's version of this card) and I use nVidia's drivers. Works fine with 10.8.3.
HTH.

i cant seem to get my evga gtx 660 ti 2gb working with my install of mac os x mountain lion 10.8.3 when i boot into it freezes at the loading screen what can i do to fix it

I have a gtx 660 and I have problems with games being very choppy even with high frame rate.

I am not sure how to do it on a mac, but if you enable VSYNC that should clear up "choppiness" issues you have when you are achieving high frame rates. Most of the time you can find a vsync setting in the graphic options in the game you're trying to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back