Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

I, like you kigger, had good luck with my GTX 660 Ti 3GB video card. I downloaded and formatted my flash drive with OSX 10.8.3 The reason for this was the update method would not work. I had my system running with the Intel 4000 hooked up. ran multi beast with the Graphics Enabler=no Shut down. Booted into Bios and disabled on board graphics. Installed the 660Ti disconnected from the onboard graphics to the 660ti dvi port.Rebooted and all went great.

This is how my video card is listed.

Chipset Model: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3072 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1183
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0 :)

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

I have a GT650 Ti already working perfectly in my 10.8.2 Ivy Bridge system after some efforts (part reading this forum, part luck :) ), can I choose "update" from the App Store prompt and have 10.8.3 installed or everything will be probably screwed up this way and I need to fresh install?

Hi guys,
I have an i7 3770K, Gigabyte Z77M-D3H and i bought today a GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB from Palit. Before buying it i read that it will work with 10.8.3...but it doesn't. I try'd all you methods and nothing...grey screen after booting/loading.
I also have a GT 430 that works fine but i want to update it with that gtx 650 ti boost.
So how did you done it?
Thanks.

After looking around for the quietest 6xx card, I found out that the 660 version (non ti) was the quietest, so I bought this one.

Replaced the 560ti with an Nvidea Geforce GTX 660. I had to update to 10.8.3 first before installing the card. Replaced the card, then booted using the 10.8.3 backup Drive then did a fresh install of 10.8.3 on my SSD.

Installed OK, got stuck at spinning lines, thats normal I think cause multibeast is no installed Doesn't matter if I used the 550, 560 or 660, it always gets stuck there and no matter which system, from 10.7.1 to 10.8.3. Anyways I reseted and booted into backup drive, installed Multibeast to my SSD, then restarted, got stuck at grey screen because I forgot Graphic Enabler No, back to backup, used multibeast to set Graphic Enabler to No, then back to Booting of the SSD, now everything was perfect, also installec Cuda. Tried one game before bed time, Oblivion ran perfect on highest setting.

Now if only I could get wake to function properly (Black screen upon wake).

P.S. Card is nice and quiet compared to my loud 560ti.
660 stress temperature reached 79C
560ti reached 100C, which is the boiling point of water

I have a question. Is the 680 Classified supported by 10.8.3? I am debating between the 680 Classified and the 680 OC. If some one can tell me that would be awesome.

I just upgraded to an Asus Geforce GTX 660 from a Radeon 6850. It has been working perfectly so far, but I have to admit I'm very disappointed in the performance under 10.8.3. So far it doesn't seem any faster than the 6850 (under Starcraft 2 and Cinebench), whereas under Windows I'm seeing the expected 50%+ gains. Anyone else getting poor performance? Was just wondering if it's something in my setup or the drivers really are that bad. Luckily I do most of my gaming under Windows so it's not a huge deal but it'd still be nice to get full performance under OS X.

I just upgraded to an Asus Geforce GTX 660 from a Radeon 6850. It has been working perfectly so far, but I have to admit I'm very disappointed in the performance under 10.8.3. So far it doesn't seem any faster than the 6850 (under Starcraft 2 and Cinebench), whereas under Windows I'm seeing the expected 50%+ gains. Anyone else getting poor performance? Was just wondering if it's something in my setup or the drivers really are that bad. Luckily I do most of my gaming under Windows so it's not a huge deal but it'd still be nice to get full performance under OS X.

same feeling here, gtx 650ti ssc is laggy playing COD 7

Hi All,

I have a GTX 650 Ti working fine in 10.8.3 (at least it seems to be performing well with FCP X and Photoshop) and sleep / wake works perfectly however in my system info it shows as NVidia D14P2-30.

Does anyone know why this is?

S. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back