Contribute
Register

Native Support for Intel Haswell CPUs in OS X 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
today I tried to make a fresh install on a HD i was not using to test 10,8,5.
I unplugged the actual HD and replace it with the unused one, formatted and installed with unibeast (last version) OSX (bought the last version from my Mac mini on the store).
Once i restarte before applying multibeast I noticed that nvidia card was immediately recodnized without CUDA. also ethernet. no audio anyway.
I applied multib and restarted and got a white still screen. i cannot boot. tried HDMI, VGA etc.. not a display output problem.
i think i messed up something with Multib and will retry in the future since i'd like to use Logic X.
Or.. be brave and apply combo update on the working system hoping not to screw all!!!

Article: Native Support for Intel Haswell CPUs in OS X 10.8.5

today I tried to make a fresh install on a HD i was not using to test 10,8,5.
I unplugged the actual HD and replace it with the unused one, formatted and installed with unibeast (last version) OSX (bought the last version from my Mac mini on the store).
Once i restarte before applying multibeast I noticed that nvidia card was immediately recodnized without CUDA. also ethernet. no audio anyway.
I applied multib and restarted and got a white still screen. i cannot boot. tried HDMI, VGA etc.. not a display output problem.
i think i messed up something with Multib and will retry in the future since i'd like to use Logic X.
Or.. be brave and apply combo update on the working system hoping not to screw all!!!

Hi grantorrone, what model motherboard are you using?

Also, you should try reinstalling with out using the nvidea card. I would make sure everything works internally first, then use the external video card.

Hello and thanks for answering!
well the MB is this one:
http://www.eprice.it/schede-madri-GIGABYTE/d-4284361

yeah I thought about the Nvidia. I will try again using onboard card.

I am downloading the combo update maybe it would be faster to apply it instead of a fresh install?

thanks so much

My fisrt install :(

and the same message

**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTrasport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup () notification -- this = 0xffffff8021766800 ****​

[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService​

After this it just hangs (I'm using verbose mode and it would otherwise be the grey apple screen with grey spinning pinwheel) and I can't seem to get past this. :(

Maybe I try install 10.8.4 with previous​
UniBeast ????

Thks for your help :banghead:

i had the same problem and fix it via disabling VD-T setting in Bios. (Gigabyte H87M-HD3, i5 4570)

Hello and thanks for answering!
well the MB is this one:
http://www.eprice.it/schede-madri-GIGABYTE/d-4284361

yeah I thought about the Nvidia. I will try again using onboard card.

I am downloading the combo update maybe it would be faster to apply it instead of a fresh install?

thanks so much

Hello again! I think one of the most important parts of the installation is Multibeast, at least that's where my initial installation kept on failing (Mine was actually an Avy bridge). If I were you I'd try a fresh new install again with Unibeast 10.8.5, and without the nvidea card. Assuming that you have your Bios set correctly and the installation completed by fallowing the instructions from http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html , now just make sure you are using Multibeast correctly.

So, after the installation completes and you are ready to run Multibeast, take a look of your MB specs from http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4146#sp

That shows:
Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
Audio: Realtek ALC887 codec
LAN: Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

Based on your MB specs, in Multibeast make sure to only select these options as the initial install (you can always go back to MB later for other installs):

1. userDSDT or DSDT Free Installation
2. Drivers> Audio> Select: ALC887
3. Drivers> Network> Select: maolJ's Atheros

I hope this helps!

GREAT!
well I don't have problems usually instaling the OSX. problem always come after applying multib. and restarting.
:)
I'll try thanks so much for your help!!!

GREAT!
well I don't have problems usually instaling the OSX. problem always come after applying multib. and restarting.

You are welcome! And please let me how it goes because I'm planning on building a Haswell based system my self too.

BTW, I once tried Logic Pro in my system and it worked very nice, I haven't tried Logic X though. I use Protools with an Apogee audio interface for the most part and they work with almost no issues.

GREAT!

Hi there, I was wondering if the installation ever worked for you. Please let me know, I'm curious how the new Intel processors and MBs are doing with this install.

hI!

I still have to try the update combo. (i've seen maverick guide+unibeast+multib are also available).

I am afraid of not beign able to reboot and in the worst case redo all the install process....maybe without success.
I remember I spent really lot of time to achieve this first hack of mine.

as soon as i get enough courage to apply the combo update i'll let you know. >.<;

hi,
how to install mac os on Intel DB85FL 4th Gen: Mother board...
it is possible on this mother board?

Intel DB85FL Motherboard
i5-4430 Processor
8Gb Ram
GTX 550 Ti Graphics Card

please help me....

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back