Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1085.png
As of 10.8.5, Intel's 4th Generation Haswell CPUs and 8-Series chipsets are natively supported in OS X! This means that there is no further need for HaswellHelper or any other installation complications. Systems will work with the standard UniBeast installation method, as long as the USB is prepared using the freshly updated 10.8.5 app.

Apple has also added native drivers for Haswell's Intel HD 4600/5000 integrated graphics. Be sure to use Chimera 2.2 for support via GraphicsEnabler=Yes. We've just posted a refresh to our monthly Buyer's Guide, and we'll be posting details and benchmarks from some of our own test rigs in the coming days. Exciting update!

Related Posts:
OS X 10.8.5 Update
Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5
Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013
The Evolution of Intel's Core i Processors

Last edited by a moderator:
Great News for workstations! Thanks!!

THE Great News of the life history of HACKINTHOSH and 10.8.xx and expecting the good news from 10.9.xxxxxx

Article: Native Support for Intel Haswell CPUs in OS X 10.8.5

Will there be an updated version of Multibeast?
Yes. We're finishing testing and should be published today (fingers crossed).

Do these Haswell systems play iTunes protected video content using the current iTunes (11.1) or do they have the same problem as Ivy Bridge systems?

If Chimera 2.2 is a recommended route for certain haswell users, it should be added to a new addition of MultiBeast. Should make the whole installation process a tad more streamlined.

for some reason i installed mountian lion but i cant boot into OSX without -x
Im running a GTX 770
z87 hd3

No motherboard recomended with ThunderBolt!? Well, I think I will have to wait untill there is one!

Some Haswell systems simply don't boot up with 10.8.5 kernel, while they were fine with a modified 10.8.4 kernel. For those systems, a modified kernel is indeed needed. The only way I can run 10.8.5 at the moment is with 10.8.4 kernel, also reverting back 4 kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back