3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since Apple released the new MBP with 8th gen Intel CPUs, they obviously had to add native support for them.
That is at least for 1.13, has anyone had experience with 1.12? Did they release a Patch for that as well?

Since Apple released the new MBP with 8th gen Intel CPUs, they obviously had to add native support for them.
That is at least for 1.13, has anyone had experience with 1.12? Did they release a Patch for that as well?
The 2018 MacBook Pro is pre-Installed with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112).
17G2112 is a special build for the new hardware just released.
No patches for earlier versions.

Hm too bad. Guess you'll either have to go with a 7th gen processor then... or use FakeCPUID. Is there any drawback to using a Fake CPUID?

Hm too bad. Guess you'll either have to go with a 7th gen processor then... or use FakeCPUID. Is there any drawback to using a Fake CPUID?
Why are you not installing macOS 10.13.6 ? Makes more sense if you want an 8th Gen CPU.

There should be no drawback to using a FakeCPUID.

But as trs96 said, why do you not use High Sierra 10.13.6? Is there a reason for you to stick with Sierra?

If you want or need to stick with Sierra, then I agree that a 7th generation CPU together with a suitable motherboard is better as Sierra 10.12.6 has native support for them. It is what my current system has. My current system runs El Capitan (via FakeCPUID) / Sierra / High Sierra and all 3 systems work fine.

For you DAW users out there: High Sierra 10.13.6 causes the UAD Apollo 8 to drop S/PDIF coax-out functionality when used with Pro Tools 2018.4.

I'd like to use Sierra if only as a path to a true non-APFS High Sierra Volume, as the Terminal commands to skip the conversion apparently do not work. What does work (at least on a real unit running 10.12.6 is the following update command when High Sierra has already been downloaded to your Applications folder:

/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO

The reason why I wanted to stick with 10.12 is the incompatibility with older software in 10.13.
the 8700K is a nice, future proof processor, that is why I wanted to go with 8th gen. But I guess I'll resort to 7th gen then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back