Contribute
Register

Native NVRAM Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover will also set/unset that variable if NvidiaWeb setting is present in config.plist. The NvidiaWeb setting is not required when nvram is working aka natively.

OK that's interesting, thanks. I've been booting both with and without ticking NvidiaWeb -- with it, my computer hangs at the login page; removing it lets me boot up (with a flickery screen) and try things. So this may be what is un-setting it.

Do you know whether the boot argument also changes the nvram setting, or is that an independent mechanism?

Edit: Booting with "nv_disable=1" and without anything else (no nv* boot arg, no NvidiaWeb tickbox) the nvram setting seems to be preserved now. The only weirdness is that it gets altered from 1 to 1%00 but I am assuming that means nothing:

Code:
$ nvram -p | grep nv
nvda_drv    1%00
$ nvram -p | grep test
test_oct    13

Maybe at last I conclude that nvram is working fine. And my driver problem must be something else.

Last edited:
Its now controlled via a Clover System Parameter ..... 'NvidiaWeb' needs to be set to true or false
Clover is only controlling the NVRAM variable if you set NvidiaWeb. It's not actually needed if NVRAM is working.
improbable said:
Booting with "nv_disable=1" and without anything else (no nv* boot arg, no NvidiaWeb tickbox) the nvram setting seems to be preserved now. The only weirdness is that it gets altered from 1 to 1%00 but I am assuming that means nothing
You can set the variable manually, or use the control panel that comes with the driver (does the same thing). To disable the web driver at boot you can clear NVRAM (press F11 at Clover boot menu). NvidiaWeb function was created before the clear NVRAM function was added to Clover, preventing the value getting read from nvram.plist every boot if there was a problem.

Last edited:
To disable the web driver at boot you can clear NVRAM (press F11 at Clover boot menu).
Thanks, I did not know this.

It's confusing how there are so many paths to the same outcome, I guess it's inevitable as things are developed gradually... but at least knowing which are the same cuts down the search space.

Does anyone tested new MB with nvram?

nvram is not working native on z390 at least on this ga z390 aorus ultra needs emuvari and rc scripts.

Hi guys,

according to the first post I tested NVRAM on GA Z370P D3:

NVRAM should works, could you kindlt confirm if I am right?

Last edited:
Here's a dumb question for the moderators - if I run the above command with RC Scripts and EmuVariableUefi present, it should return the same result right? Meaning, this test is ONLY valid if you currently DO NOT have RC scripts or EmuVariableUefi installed? If both are present, the above test is useless?

Here is a blast from the past. Just updated my Asus Z170 Deluxe BIOS to 3007 from 1801 and there is no longer native NVRAM.
Tested the TestVar=HelloWorld and it returned nothing. I only noticed since macOS is defaulting to OS X drivers.

Hi thanks for your information, if that's true, i think they have changed some hidden BIOS options to make nvram unaccessible to macOS. I have decoded the setup section of your motherboard BIOS, 1801 and 3007, those are all the settings, maybe someone could help to find the differences and show some tips of enabling nvram for any motherboard/chipset?

attached are the setup section of v1801 and v 3007

Attachments

• 1801.txt
    2 MB · Views: 455
  • 3007.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 470
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back