Contribute
Register

Native NVRAM Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tested my NVRam as per Tony's instructions in his post and Terminal says its working correctly after reboot. However my computer is not auto-booting like my Clover settings say. It's as if my settings don't actually stick :(.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Upload your config.plist from Clover.

Even though I deleted all emulation-related drivers etc. from my High Sierra build, and the test detailed in this forum indicates my motherboard (Asrock Z270M Extreme4) has NVRAM, and a Recover mode csrutil disable was accepted, after reboot csrutil shows SIP is enabled. Because SIP is enabled I can't install the audio_cloverALC-130 command that I previously used to get audio working.

So the audio issue is not worth the time and frustration. I've ordered a USB audio device.

Is NVRAM fix mentioned here usable for a legacy boot? I have legacy clover and after recent update my iMessage is screwed. Did NVRAM test as mentioned here and I get no results after restart.
Yup, so is mine. After working for many years it stopped exactly on June 6. I think Apple finally screwed us.

Just found this post. Used the terminal test mentioned in post 1 on my Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 and it DOES support NVRAM.

Motherboards Supporting Native NVRAM:
Supports NVRAM without installing RC scripts or EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Gigabyte 5,6,7,8,9 Series
ASRock 8 Series
MSI 9 Series
ASUS 8 Series
ASUS 100 Series (early BIOSes)
Intel 6 Series

Motherboards Requiring Emulated NVRAM:
Requires Emulated NVRAM by installing RC scripts and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Gigabyte 100 Series
ASUS 100 Series (later BIOSes)

What about ASUS 9 series? I have a Z97-Pro.

My H67MA-USB3-B3 doesn't seem to provide worknig NVRAM at all. It only works with the fixes. Strangely, auto boot always boots from the MacOS drive, even though I've set "LastBootedVolume".

No native NVRAM with my Gigabyte Z370M DS3H

Hi all.
Although my Z170X-UD3 with bios F23g does not natively support non-volatile nvram I still do not use EmuVariableUefi-64 and it's associated scripts but rather AptioMemoryFix-64, and that works well indeed. After I studied this thread I got the impression that for some mobo/bios combinations, that do not support non-volatile nvram, there is no alternative other than using EmuVariableUefi-64 with it's scripts. In my case I have been using AptioMemoryFix-64 successfully for quite a while and therefore suggest to try that route first because if it works for you you will get crash reports on the next reboot, after your machine crashed.
Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back