Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
Sorry if this has been asked.. couldn't find.

Are there any native gfx cards support in Sierra. I have an old gt640. Wondering if that will work in sierra without loading any nvidia drivers? If not, any other cards work out of the box with no drivers needed in sierra?

thanks

I have an old gt640. Wondering if that will work in sierra without loading any nvidia drivers? If not, any other cards work out of the box with no drivers needed in sierra?

The GT 640 works out of the box with full acceleration with native drivers and NO injection.

No issues here with single, dual or triple monitor setup.

The GT 640 works out of the box with full acceleration with native drivers and NO injection.

No issues here with single, dual or triple monitor setup.

Awesome.. Thanks Brebo. I may start another post. Little unsure how to exact install the card on a working sierra install with hd530 internal gfx. What steps to take and in what order..

thanks

You can disable Intel injection by pressing the space bar at the boot screen. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate to the option. Once at the desktop you can use Clover Configurator to permanently change this option.

You can disable Intel injection by pressing the space bar at the boot screen. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate to the option. Once at the desktop you can use Clover Configurator to permanently change this option.

OK.. cool.. then in clover config, chance inject intel to inject nvidia?

No injection at all. GT640 is one of many original Kepler cards that run with total native support. You can use the additional nvidia drivers but there is no real advantage.

Mine is
Z-87 D3HP
i7 4770k
16 GB Ram
120 GB SSD
2TB HDD
And finally ZOTAC GTX650

My sierra showing Kernel panics when trying to author DVD or export from FCPX and it reboots showing cpu caller errors backtrace to Nvidiadrivers. Is my gfx card won't support Sierra?

Last edited:
@Adrian B

Who the hell are you man? Yea. It worked. Definitely worked. I changed my system definition to iMac 14.2 to MacPro 5.1 and till now no problem. Working smooth. Big Hug man. You really really helped me. Thank you very much for the hint. Love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back