Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how it's complicated, if you know how to write patches, this is the same thing. Two comments at the start will generate the APSS how you like (since the patching isn't sophisticated enough). If either field is missing it is replaced with the default value (1600 and/or floor(($freq-1)/$maxFreq)*floor(($ratio / $maxRatio) * (((1.1 - (($maxRatio - $ratio) * 0.00625)) / 1.1) ** 2) * $tdp)+floor($maxFreq/$freq)*$tdp), and the rest is the patching you've already been doing.
The result is a patched SSDT which anyone can use, and patchers can make SSDTs to their own specifications. It opens up SSDTs to the same kind of tweaking that is probably required of a resource that works with cpu states and overclocking. I imagine a few like Ivy Bridge Low where the slope is steep, Ivy Bridge High where it is more shallow, iMac 3570 where the slope is the same as a real iMac's, etc.

I don't see how it's complicated, if you know how to write patches, this is the same thing. Two comments at the start will generate the APSS how you like (since the patching isn't sophisticated enough). If either field is missing it is replaced with the default value (0x1000 and/or floor(($ratio / $maxRatio) * (((1.1 - (($maxRatio - $ratio) * 0.00625)) / 1.1) ** 2) * $tdp)), and the rest is the patching you've already been doing.
The result is a patched SSDT which anyone can use, and patchers can make SSDTs to their own specifications. It opens up SSDTs to the same kind of tweaking that is probably required of a resource that works with cpu states and overclocking. I imagine a few like Ivy Bridge Low where the slope is steep, Ivy Bridge High where it is more shallow, iMac 3570 where the slope is the same as a real iMac's, etc.

Complicated for the end user, which must somehow add an SSDT patch repo for MaciASL to look at, then select Generate SSDT, select from a list of SSDT "patches" ("Ivy Bridge" vs. "Sandy Bridge", perhaps different "flavors", that determine lower frequency, etc.), then enter their TDP data, turbo frequency, etc, then generate.

This compared with adding a new field for idle frequency and a checkbox/radio button set for Ivy vs. Sandy...

Your idea is potentially more extensible (perhaps...maybe... handling Haswell when it comes), but might be a bit of overkill for what is essentially a simple template based file generator.

well first the repo will be the same, so any probook user who has added your repo for DSDT patching will also get your SSDT "generators". I will of course provide a basic one or two on my SourceForge, but the rest is up to the community. toleda has expressed an interest in creating a repo, so i expect a few Ivy there.
I cannot store the ivy/sandy/etc differences in the binary, that's no longer the correct place for them, and makes the app brittle. Pushing the SSDTs out to repos means fewer necessary app updates, and SSDTs that adapt quickly to user requirements.
It may be slightly more complicated, but an SSDT isnt a firm requirement for hackintoshing. Users needed to know their max turbo and TDP all along, so choosing a specific SSDT to generate isnt so much worse. The best part is the number of inputs should not increase from this point. So long as a user can enter the four numbers and choose an SSDT, that is all they will have to do.

Ok, something happened about ten minutes ago. The program refused to start, there were some weird messages in Console and then I found the cause - in the moment I start the program, the whole content of the MacOS folder inside the app disappears without a trace and this happened on both my desktop and my laptop at the same time. Any ideas what's going on? Because frankly, it looks to me like a time bomb.

yes, the timed beta is over, I will be releasing the new (beta) version soon.

yes, the timed beta is over, I will be releasing the new (beta) version soon.

Lol, and here i thought i was a gimped noob.

Following the HDMI audio guide at
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb.html

It even says "easy guide" in the topic...

Obviously if it requires a program that wont work untill another beta, it cant be easy...

:)

Edit: Any idea when the next beta is coming out? I wanna get my HDMI audio working ;)

I did time it pretty well, will be releasing the next beta later today.

Second beta now up, build #221, running until January 25th. This adds:
  • SSDT Generation now has a separate panel, inserting only the four previous parameters will generate the "old-style" SSDT
  • SSDTs can now be generated with additional parameters (see below)
  • Source Provider Definition update (see first post)
  • Hotkeys improved
  • Text view placeholders
  • CoreAnimation transaction warnings fix
  • Opens injected AML file instead of re-extracting
  • Jump to Line (Cmd+L)
  • Memory and speed improvements
  • Better singletons and lazy-loading of repos
  • Fixed timing issues with NSTask where task exits before pipes are empty
  • Attempt at universal entabbing of inserts and text entry
Known issues are: Convert to Hexadecimal is currently a stub, and zero-content-length elements don't entab insertions properly

SSDT generation is more flexible now, and can take a DSDT Editor-style patch to modify the generated SSDT. To modify the APSS parameters you can add either or both of the following comments to override the defaults:
Code:
#SSDT:MinFreq <FrequencyInDecimalMHz>
#SSDT:PowerSlope <NSComparisonPredicateMath>
See the SourceForge example for the default SSDT parameters, and Apple's NSPredicate grammar. For example the power operator 2^3 is 2 ** 3, you can use min and max to bound the values, but functions taking more than one argument use braces: abs(-1.3) min({2,3}) max({34.44,56.66})

This is one of the awesome tools I've used. I had some trouble with it but SJ helped me through it and now I know the what to's on it. Thanks for this and everything you've done :). Everything checked out after rebooting etc so W!N :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back