Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solved - there was a strange character in one of my comments. Difficult to find in >20k LoC. Now MaciASL is happy again.

Solved - there was a strange character in one of my comments. Difficult to find in >20k LoC. Now MaciASL is happy again.

Yes... iasl is overly picky about ASCII adherence.

The problematic character was in a comment.
iasl had no problem with this - which is logical, because it simply ignores the comments.
MaciASL didn't accept this character.

The problematic character was in a comment.
iasl had no problem with this - which is logical, because it simply ignores the comments.
MaciASL didn't accept this character.

MaciASL File Save As .aml (ACPI Machine Language Binary) uses iasl to compile to AML.

MaciASL doesn't save the source file (.dsl). I wrote in #272:

After some editing of e.g. DSDT.dsl I got the message from MaciASL after selecting "Save":

"The document "DSDT.dsl" could not be saved"

In this case I think its MaciASL. But its ok for me, no problem at all.

MaciASL doesn't save the source file (.dsl). I wrote in #272:

After some editing of e.g. DSDT.dsl I got the message from MaciASL after selecting "Save":

"The document "DSDT.dsl" could not be saved"

In this case I think its MaciASL. But its ok for me, no problem at all.

Note: I do most of my .dsl editing in Xcode.

If you think you find a bug in MaciASL, you should provide a small example .dsl file that demonstrates the bug.

Easy: the following 4 lines are enough. Changing "/* ä */" to /* a */ and MaciASL is able to save the file.

Code:
/* ä */
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "PmRef", "CpuPm", 0x00003000)
{
}

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy: the following 4 lines are enough. Changing "/* ä */" to /* a */ and MaciASL is able to save the file.

Code:
/* ä */
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "PmRef", "CpuPm", 0x00003000)
{
}

Yes... it is a bug.

Hi mklengel, we have the same exact laptops. The g750jm and I am currently running Yosemite. I would like to upgrade to Mojave but need your EFI folder which contains the boot and clover files. Can I have a copy of your EFI folder. You can reply to this post with the file attached that would be nice. I know how to do the rest after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back