Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, I have added a basic Spotlight importer to the repository for .aml and .acpi (tableset) files. Build MaciASL to include it in the bundle automatically, where Spotlight will take over. It extracts any strings it finds and makes them available for queries.
qJAbMzw.png

More great work from tonymac! I wish I new how to use it myself I would like to create a DSDT for my MB running on my BIOS since I can not find one that is the same as my BIOS. I would like to keep my current BIOS since it is a .cap and dual boot Win8x64.

Thanks for the great work!!

I would like to create a DSDT for my MB running on my BIOS since I can not find one that is the same as my BIOS. I would like to keep my current BIOS since it is a .cap and dual boot Win8x64.
It's no longer necessary or recommended that you use someone else's DSDT even if they use the same board/BIOS version. Always extract your vanilla DSDT using MaciASL and apply any necessary patches. The BIOS file format (CAP) doesn't matter here, neither does any multi-boot scenario since the DSDT (saved to /Extra/DSDT.aml) is injected at boot for OS X only. If you use a CAP however, that strongly suggests your ASUS board uses a locked MSR, normally "fixed" by NullCPU/Patched AICPM. Try DPCIManager to flash a patched BIOS allowing full CPU power management.

The Spotlight importer has been expanded to cover more metadata, should make some customized queries easier for those interested.
Title -> Table name and Revision, e.g. "DSDT 1"
Organizations -> OEM, e.g. "GBT "
Subject -> OEM Table ID, e.g. "GBTUACPI"
Creator -> Compiler ID and Revision, e.g. "INTL 20100331"
Version -> OEM Revision e.g. "0x00001000"
Text -> Extracted text

I have used every SSDT tool (RevoGirl, MaciASL, Pike) and get pretty much the same results, two P-States. Usualy 16 and 20, or 12 and 21. Then after a day of messing with it I got sick of it and decided to turn all of it off, meaning I took out SSDT.aml from E/E folder, deleted any Generate P or C States commands and DropSSDT from org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the works. And guess what? I still get two P states if I watch HWMonitor or check it with DPCIManager. What gives?

My specs are Core i7-920, overclocked to 3.5Ghz (166x21). System profiler recognizes the processor as 3.32Ghz.
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P Mobo
MacMan's DSDT
Chameleon-2.2svn-r2265
FakeSMC 5.3.877
SMBios MacPro 4,1
SMC Version (system): 1.39f5

there's a lot wrong with this, not only the sysdef you chose (MP4,1), but also the royal mix of solutions which makes no sense.
If you want it to work, you must approach it methodically: use Chimera, MP31, and the latest FakeSMC first. Check DPCIManager's Boot Log, then the PStates function. Anything other than the MaciASL standard SSDT is inappropriate here because your CPU isn't Ivy, it isn't even Sandy Bridge. I don't know the current state of the art for x58 boards and power management, but checking user builds elsewhere in the forums should give you a better idea of what is possible. The number of states almost always goes _down_ from MP31, keep that in mind. Generate C and P states are good for all machines, keep them in place; these are the defaults for a reason. Finally, you should not be using E/E at all anymore, it's deprecated; AML files are meant to go in /Extra anyway.

there's a lot wrong with this, not only the sysdef you chose (MP4,1), but also the royal mix of solutions which makes no sense.
If you want it to work, you must approach it methodically: use Chimera, MP31, and the latest FakeSMC first. Check DPCIManager's Boot Log, then the PStates function. Anything other than the MaciASL standard SSDT is inappropriate here because your CPU isn't Ivy, it isn't even Sandy Bridge. I don't know the current state of the art for x58 boards and power management, but checking user builds elsewhere in the forums should give you a better idea of what is possible. The number of states almost always goes _down_ from MP31, keep that in mind. Generate C and P states are good for all machines, keep them in place; these are the defaults for a reason. Finally, you should not be using E/E at all anymore, it's deprecated; AML files are meant to go in /Extra anyway.

Plus one for SJ. I can confirm this.
  • Intel i7 860 cpu
  • MacPro 3.1 SysDef
  • Intel DP55WG motherboard
  • edited dsdt.aml
  • patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (not the last 10.8.5 one)
  • generic SSDT from MaciASL
  • chimera 2.2
  • Mountain Lion 10.8.5

The only things I didn't get are the turbo speed steps. Tripled checked in bios and turbo is definitely enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back