Contribute
Register

Native Brightness working without 'blinkscreen' using patched AppleBacklight.kext

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @RehabMan
It seems that to make brightness control work (with preferences slider and keys) is to use an AppleBacklight.kext injector (or patching the kext itself)

How can I edit the 4x40s plist to make it fit my display and newer hardware (like skylake)?
Is the only thing I should do is edit the plist file and create an injector, or I also need an ACPI patch (or another SSDT)?

Thank you!
The PWMMax value is determined by the data associated with your ig-platform-id. Look in the kext binary for these values.
Once you determine the PWMMax value, you can look for "example" data in native AppleBacklight Info.plist.
That will also help you configure SSDT-PNLF.dsl and SSDT-Config.dsl to set PWMMax correctly at boot (see my ACPI hotpatch guide/repo).

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad X230
CPU
Intel Core i5-3320M (Ivy Bridge)
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @RehabMan

I use this patch with my ThinkPad. It works great under MacOS Sierra. My only problem is that it won't use the maximum brightness my laptop could produce. Could you tell me which file and how should I modify in this patch in order to increase the max brightness value?

Thanks!

edit: typo

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @RehabMan

I use this patch with my ThinkPad. It works great under MacOS Sierra. My only problem is that it won't use the maximum brightness my laptop could produce. Could you tell me which file and how should I modify in this patch in order to increase the max brightness value?

Thanks!

edit: typo
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS