Contribute
Register

Native BCM94360CD Gone missing in 10.12.1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of a...

Worked for me as well! Just curious, did you try that on a lark or did you run across a tip somewhere?
Had a hunch since Bluetooth worked fine that meant that the chip had power but probably something broke in the configuration of the pci bus which is handled by Clover.

I've had the same issue, upgrading to Clover v.3882 did not solve it for me straight away. But then I realised "FixAirport" option is on in my config.plist, and things works perfectly after I made the option /false. Can't be sure why the option worked on 10.12.0 or in fact every OS up to this point though.

I've used the BCM94360CD PCIE-X adapter from osxwifi for some time now without issue. The upgrade to 10.12 went fine and wifi worked without issue. I actually didn't notice that the wifi had disappeared with 10.12.1, since I typically rely on ethernet, until I tried to use the wifi for my location. The icon has the X through it and when I click on it, it says: "Wi-Fi: No hardware installed."

Ironically, the bluetooth on the BCM94360CD still shows up and works without issue.

Anybody else seeing this with one of the "native" BCM94360CD cards and 10.12.1??? Solutions?

I've used the BCM94360CD PCIE-X adapter from osxwifi for some time now without issue. The upgrade to 10.12 went fine and wifi worked without issue. I actually didn't notice that the wifi had disappeared with 10.12.1, since I typically rely on ethernet, until I tried to use the wifi for my location. The icon has the X through it and when I click on it, it says: "Wi-Fi: No hardware installed."

Ironically, the bluetooth on the BCM94360CD still shows up and works without issue.

Anybody else seeing this with one of the "native" BCM94360CD cards and 10.12.1??? Solutions?

I have the opposite issue my wifi is working after the 10.12.1 update, however bluetooth is missing. No hardware found.
I have the BCM94331CD card with PCI-e adapter. Was working fine under 10.12. I have tried updating Clover to the latest version although this had had no effect. My system is currently only connected via Wi-Fi and Network ports show correctly in system prefs.

My "BCM94360CD card with PCI-e adapter" is working but sleep is broken since 10.12.1 ...it reboots to a black screen immediately and i need to hard reset.
without the card, sleep is working fine...
(i'm on latest clover 3899, tried a previous version...same problem)
:(

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 195
My "BCM94360CD card with PCI-e adapter" is working but sleep is broken since 10.12.1 ...it reboots to a black screen immediately and i need to hard reset.
without the card, sleep is working fine...
(i'm on latest clover 3899, tried a previous version...same problem)
:(

Wish I could help. I think sleep stopped working reliably for me about 2 OS releases ago. I was just thrilled to get everything up and running with Clover and a legacy BIOS, specifically Messages, that I really haven't monkeyed with it further. I'm booting off a SATA Samsung 950 Pro SSD, which helps make the lack of sleep a non-issue on my end.

Can i try revert to AirPortBrcm4360.kext from 10.12.0?

I'm sure not going to stop you. ;-)

Give it a go using one of the kext utilities and let us know what you find. Just be sure to backup the one from 10.12.1 before doing so.

I have Lenovo x230. I deleted the bios white list used a page "https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thr...-Tablet-BIOS-Whitelist-Removal-Hardware-Flash"
I have Mini PCI Express Adapte "http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Table...711173?hash=item27ef8cde85:g:h9UAAOSwkNZUdX0w" and BCM94360CD card.
I too lost wifi adapter then i made upgrade to 10.12.1. Now I use clover 3899. Then I remove DSDT.aml from clover CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ directory I get back my wifi connection. Then I put it back I lost wifi adapter. So my problem is in the DSDT.aml file.

I have Lenovo x230. I deleted the bios white list used a page "https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thr...-Tablet-BIOS-Whitelist-Removal-Hardware-Flash"
I have Mini PCI Express Adapte "http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Table...711173?hash=item27ef8cde85:g:h9UAAOSwkNZUdX0w" and BCM94360CD card.
I too lost wifi adapter then i made upgrade to 10.12.1. Now I use clover 3899. Then I remove DSDT.aml from clover CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ directory I get back my wifi connection. Then I put it back I lost wifi adapter. So my problem is in the DSDT.aml file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back