Graphics
Intel HD 4600 & NVIDIA GTX 765M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone!

I'm using a MSI GE70 2OE laptop with Realtek ALC892 on board. Previously I was using VoodooHDA to get sound working, but I'm not satisfied with it as I cannot get the headphones working. So I decided to try native AppleHDA support and followed this guide: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC (I used the audio_cloverALC-120.command). I used Layout-id = 1 during install. Also I patched my DSDT with "Layout 12 patch" (modified it to use layout-id = 1 instead of 12) and IRQ fix as per this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

As a result I have my headphones playing sound, but my internal laptop speakers are not working. But during boot and shutdown I hear a pop-sound from the internal speakers, so I have a feeling that they are just not set correctly. It looks like the laptop is working like a desktop and cannot play sound unless you connect an external speakers (headphones).

Did anyone try to setup native AppleHDA in Sierra for any laptop with the same ALC892? I need your help! IOREG, DSDT.dsl and clover folder are attached.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • DSDT.dsl
    433.6 KB · Views: 160
  • MacBook Pro — Stan.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 157
I also tried different layout-ids, but no luck.

I also tried to patch AppleHDA with AppleHDA patcher.app by Mirone. In this case I have autodetection of headphones in SysPrefs > Sound > Output, when I connect them. But there's no sound either in speakers, nor in headphones in this case :(

I also tried different layout-ids, but no luck.

I also tried to patch AppleHDA with AppleHDA patcher.app by Mirone. In this case I have autodetection of headphones in SysPrefs > Sound > Output, when I connect them. But there's no sound either in speakers, nor in headphones in this case :(
Try to install Codeccommander kext.

Try to install Codeccommander kext.

it is installed but doesn't help, and I think should not as far is intended to fix some problems with sound after wake our dual boot.

now I also tried AppleALC.kext method, but result is the same as with AppleHDA patcher.app - no sound at all, though the input devices switch on headphones connection.

it is installed but doesn't help, and I think should not as far is intended to fix some problems with sound after wake our dual boot.

now I also tried AppleALC.kext method, but result is the same as with AppleHDA patcher.app - no sound at all, though the input devices switch on headphones connection.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back