Contribute
Register

Name the Next OS X (10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice I Guess I have an Armo Brother in Arms Here.

But in all honestly I'm really getting tired of the entire naming game Apple has going on. Like seriously? Do they really think coming up with these stupid names actually means anything or is impressive somehow.

OSX IMO hasn't done anything really impressive since Snow Leo. That was a solid OS. Everything after has been more fluff then feature. But what do I know... ;) (And what I mean by useful features is actual core OS stuff and not fluffy iOS integration and other similar crap)

Not trolling btw, just sharing my thoughts and my feelings; as well as my utter disappointment in Apple over the last 8 years or so. I miss the old Apple, what it was, what it did and what it actually stood for. It may not have been the most profitable company back then but at least it had a soul. Unfortunately that soul died with Jobs

Now stepping down from my soap box.

Peace & Love People

I totally agree! I loved Snow Leopard. In fact, my 2011 Macbook Pro is still running it! I outright refused to update when Lion came out, and every update since. I didn't like the things they had changed with it. I was also in school, and heard rumors that Lion didn't play well with many of the programs I was using at the time. I recently built my first Hackintosh build and this is the first I've played around with any of Apple's newer versions of OS X. I have to admit I do have my Macbook Pro dual booted with El Capitan now. And the sneaky thing defaults into 10.11.3 instead of Snow Leopard lol.

Also, my vote is for OS X 10.12 Chino

Let's hope for "RedWood"

Aurora also would be a good name and background on MAC :thumbup:

The next version of OS X is likely to be announced at WWDC this June. It should be named after a place or region in California. What will the next OS X be called?

10.9 Mavericks
10.10 Yosemite
10.11 El Capitan
10.12 ??

Maybe Mt Whitney? The highest peak in all of the continental North America!

Or Bristlecone (after the ancient bristlecone forest which is where the oldest living thing on earth resides).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back