Contribute
Register

Name the Next OS X (10.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan OS X Alcatraz.

That redwood name would play nice into my samcro theme build ;)

I'd say OS X 10.12 Redwood is a good name.

Here's another potential new name for the Mac OS, OS XL

It will be 40 years this April 1st since Apple was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and
Ronald Wayne. So Tim Cook could announce this March, OS XL. No, not extra large, as in a new
30 GB version of The OS, it's OS 40. Apple will again upstage Microsoft and Windows 10 by distancing
themselves by 30 from their prime competitor, 4x better than Windows 10.

So there you go, OS XL 40.0 no names of rocks, water, trees or parks necessary. No confusion of iOS 10 with OS X when that is released next.

Now they won't have to create fake companies to copyright and protect the names of places
in California they want to name the OS after. :thumbup:

As for 10.12, Redwood, Big Sur, or perhaps Carmel would be obvious choices. Sequoia might also be, but I could possibly see that name as problematic vis-a-vis the Cherokee Nation ("Sequoyah").

"OS XI" may not even be called that; I'll go out on a limb and say Apple will "unify" Mac OS and iOS (in the sense of Microsoft "unifying" Windows 8 with Windows Mobile), and call the result "Apple OS One" or some such. After all, they're both made by Apple, both are based on the BSD Mach kernel, and both share the same core set of UNIX specs, even though they run on different hardware (x86-64 vs. ARM) with different UIs.

Tabloid-sized iPads with 12-core processors and terabit optical Wi-Fi, anyone? :think:

As for 10.12, Redwood, Big Sur, or perhaps Carmel would be obvious choices. Sequoia might also be, but I could possibly see that name as problematic vis-a-vis the Cherokee Nation ("Sequoyah").

"OS XI" may not even be called that; I'll go out on a limb and say Apple will "unify" Mac OS and iOS (in the sense of Microsoft "unifying" Windows 8 with Windows Mobile), and call the result "Apple OS One" or some such. After all, they're both made by Apple, both are based on the BSD Mach kernel, and both share the same core set of UNIX specs, even though they run on different hardware (x86-64 vs. ARM) with different UIs.

Tabloid-sized iPads with 12-core processors and terabit optical Wi-Fi, anyone? :think:

Carmel is one of my favorite places - more so than Monterey or Pacific Grove. The only problem is that people outside of California who don't know of the place will mistake it for a misspelled caramel - like what you usually find in chocolate (Milky Way bar anyone?). Barring that, Big Sur would be my next choice followed by Sequoia and Redwood. Muir Woods is good, too but I think it should ultimately be called "OS X 10.12: Mullet. Business up front, FBI in the rear". :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back