Contribute
Register

Name the Next macOS (10.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.14 BAZINGA!

though also: Alcatraz, Rikers, San Quentin, Carandiru, Guantanamo! :D or what about military alphabet? MacOS Alpha.. Bravo, Charlie, Delta, and... all the way to MacOS Zulu (jupp, passing again thru Sierra but it wouldn't be before 2036-37.
That should give them YEEEEAAAAARRRSSS without naming it something as stupid as Sierra and then High Sierra!

Last edited:
macOS Masada

Death Valley is the only fitting name here!

Death Valley is the only fitting name here!
Are you implying that Macbooks and iMacs run excessively hot ?

I like Joshua Tree better. Could happen based on Cook's friendship with Bono. Why not give every Mac owner a free digital download of the album from iTunes ? I'd take it.

We've had years of big cats, 1 of water (Mavericks) 4 years of national parks and big rocks. Why not a couple of years of trees ? Redwood and Sequoia are on Apple's list they've tradmarked/reserved. I really think the 3 most likely are Mojave, Sequoia or Sonoma. Possibly Monterey as it is such a well known and beautiful spot. Rincon, Farallon or Grizzly are the 3 most unlikely options.

"Apple is required to continually file extensions to hold on to a name because trademarks must be used. Apple has kept several of the names from its original 2014 filing active, including Rincon, Grizzly, Farallon, and Monterey. All of these names could also be used for future versions of macOS. Mojave, Sequoia, Sonoma, and Ventura are the only four names where Apple has filed new applications, however." from Apple Insider 5.25.18.

Last edited:
macOS Cupertino!

There are sand dunes in the latest leak of 10.14, Mojave looks like it could be the winner.
xXode 10.0 with blacked out background.
8CE90AE2-D17E-45C7-B8CB-237ABD23EB7B.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back