Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SiA0X10.jpg
The next version of macOS is expected to be announced at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference this June. In fact 9to5Mac has found references to macOS 10.14 in their analytics, suggesting internal testing is underway.

If Apple sticks to the current format, it should be nicknamed after a place or region in California. What will the next macOS be called?

10.9 Mavericks
10.10 Yosemite
10.11 El Capitan
10.12 Sierra
10.13 High Sierra
10.14 ??

I suggest MacOS Minarets.
Since all the names Apple have chosen in the recent years (since Mavericks) refer to places in California, and because they use in 10.13 an "expanding" of the previous name of 10.12 (Sierra. Like lion and mountain lion, or leopard and snow leopard), I guess they would use a new (but a one that still related to the topic though- mountains and regions in California) name.

Last edited:
They need to quit naming it different names and focus on making it faster, more secure and stable. High Sierra is decent but I feel like Yosemite and Mavericks was more polished. I think Apple is on a slippery slope right now for many people. They keep screwing over the professionals by making them wait for the new Mac Pro and are just now trying to pay attention to the professionals again. It'd be nice if they follow suit with the OS. Every new feature they implement is either slightly helpful or just gimmicky crap for consumers to go "Look at me!". I love Mac's and I love macOS, but I feel the quality slipping and that worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back