Contribute
Register

Name the Next macOS (10.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, is Windows gagging you with a spoon? Do you like totally need a change? Introducing...

macOS San Fernando Valley

OR

Thinking of leaving the Mac? You won't when you're stuck forever in...

macOS La Brea Tar Pits

But seriously, while I like the suggested macOS Pacific, macOS Monterey and macOS Mt. Whitney, I feel like they've already done ocean and mountains. Mojave could be cool, but they'd have to stay ahead of people comparing the OS to a desert. (No new features, so buggy users want to leave (not that the desert is full of insects), etc...)

I'm thinking sequoias or redwoods could be cool.

macOS Sequoia
macOS Redwood
macOS Big Basin (a redwood forest national park about 30 min south of Cupertino.)

Make it a good one, Apple! (Both a good name and good bug-free, functional and powerful release.)

The next version of macOS is expected to be announced at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference this June. In fact 9to5Mac has found references to macOS 10.14 in their analytics, suggesting internal testing is underway.

If Apple sticks to the current format, it should be nicknamed after a place or region in California. What will the next macOS be called?

10.9 Mavericks
10.10 Yosemite
10.11 El Capitan
10.12 Sierra
10.13 High Sierra
10.14 ??

MacOS 90210

Grand Canyon :)

Malibu would be cool but why continue to name after places in California? It's going to be falling off the map soon and Apple corporate will have to go to their DR site in Austin. Be forward thinking and name it Rio Grande. I don't think Texas has mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back