Contribute
Register

N552VW Asus vivobook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile is lacking details on your screen resolution. Please fix as per FAQ.
Did you remember to enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS?
I enabled CSM in my BIOS and included my screen resolution in my signature on my profile, what do I do now?

I enabled CSM in my BIOS and included my screen resolution in my signature on my profile, what do I do now?

Keep in mind 4k screens require additional steps.
You must patch for the pixel clock limit. You can't do that until post-install.
So, prior to that, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id (typically 0x12345678).

Keep in mind 4k screens require additional steps.
You must patch for the pixel clock limit. You can't do that until post-install.
So, prior to that, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id (typically 0x12345678).
I booted with the invalid ig-platform-id and I'm in macOS how do I patch the pixel clock limit?

I have intel injected, in the BIOS I was able to set my DVMT-prealloc in the bios to 128mb, it looks like I should execute the IOKit script right? and for the ig-platform-id haswell processors use 0xa2e0008, I should continue to use 0x19160000 for my Skylake right?

Skylake doesn't need any specific ig-platform-id for 4k...

Skylake doesn't need any specific ig-platform-id for 4k...
I found some code from a linked Lenovo Y50 guide
Code:
cd ~/Projects/y50.git
curl -o XPS9530.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/master/XPS9530.sh
chmod +x XPS9530.sh
./XPS9530.sh --patch-pixelclock
Is this what I need for my ASUS N552VW?

I found some code from a linked Lenovo Y50 guide
Code:
cd ~/Projects/y50.git
curl -o XPS9530.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/master/XPS9530.sh
chmod +x XPS9530.sh
./XPS9530.sh --patch-pixelclock
Is this what I need for my ASUS N552VW?

Yes.

I am not sure how to patch the IOKit for my laptop and I read further in other articles about patching the IOKit and found that it is not enough to patch the IOKit in Sierra but the CoreDisplay also must be patched, is this true?

See above.

RehabMan or Nightbear, I need to know if the installation project of your ASUS model notebook N552VW could be successfully completed. I have the same laptop but with a simple resolution, I would like to know the process performed because although I have been able to install MACOS EL CAPITAN in a LENOVO G400 and a desktop computer with a GIGABYTE motherboard with Core i7 4th processor. The process was carried out approximately 2 years ago and I lost many steps for its adaptation. I would appreciate to inform me which operating system to install my laptop SKYLAKE Core I5 ASUS. Thank you for your answers and advice of your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back