Motherboard
N552VW
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD Graphics 530 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I want to get my laptop to run macOS Sierra fully accepting that Nvidia Optimus graphics won't work
I have a few known problems I am setting out to solve. I would appreciate any quick fixes offered, but I value learning the concept of how these patches work as I want to make guides in the future to help others in their hackintosh journey.

The following are my problems that I wish to deal with in the following priority
1. Getting macOS to boot without Unibeast drive, the issue I have is that the EFI folders contain the same files but will not boot
2. Working WiFi/Bluetooth (Model: DW1560 BCM94352Z) only bluetooth is currently working with the following kext & Patch on Unibeast drive
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
- BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAdSk=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAZpA=
                </data>
            </dict>

3. VRAM (Total): 31 MB causes artifacts and jittery animations
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics Chipset: Intel HD Graphics 530
4. Working audio and audio I/O
ALC255 Sunrise Point HD Audio
5. HDMI video/audio output currently not working
6. Patch for working battery status
7. Keyboard Backlighting

I want to get my laptop to run macOS Sierra fully accepting that Nvidia Optimus graphics won't work
I have a few known problems I am setting out to solve. I would appreciate any quick fixes offered, but I value learning the concept of how these patches work as I want to make guides in the future to help others in their hackintosh journey.

The following are my problems that I wish to deal with in the following priority
1. Getting macOS to boot without Unibeast drive, the issue I have is that the EFI folders contain the same files but will not boot
2. Working WiFi/Bluetooth (Model: DW1560 BCM94352Z) only bluetooth is currently working with the following kext & Patch on Unibeast drive
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
- BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAdSk=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAZpA=
                </data>
            </dict>

3. VRAM (Total): 31 MB causes artifacts and jittery animations
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics Chipset: Intel HD Graphics 530
4. Working audio and audio I/O
ALC255 Sunrise Point HD Audio
5. HDMI video/audio output currently not working
6. Patch for working battery status
7. Keyboard Backlighting
great guide here to setup a proper usb installer:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

unibeast is for desktops

also there will be a config.plist that will hopefully sort out some of your issues

also you may want to read the faq:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
tons of info about setting up your hardware

for your audio:
Mirone's Audio Patcher
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

make sure to read the readme after it has created the files for you

great guide here to setup a proper usb installer:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

unibeast is for desktops

also there will be a config.plist that will hopefully sort out some of your issues
Today I am off and I am trying to solve the problems with this laptop for the remainder of the day
Problem #1 Getting macOS to boot without Unibeast drive
First I want to I want to get this taken care of, the problem is not that the unibeast wont boot on my laptop, it actually boots great! but even when I copy all of the same files from the unibeast drive kexts, config.plist, etc it wont go past a line of asterisks. I want to boot without the USB drive and from my M.2 SSD

Today I am off and I am trying to solve the problems with this laptop for the remainder of the day
Problem #1 Getting macOS to boot without Unibeast drive
First I want to I want to get this taken care of, the problem is not that the unibeast wont boot on my laptop, it actually boots great! but even when I copy all of the same files from the unibeast drive kexts, config.plist, etc it wont go past a line of asterisks. I want to boot without the USB drive and from my M.2 SSD

The guide linked by post #2 does not use Unibeast.
Make sure you follow the guide as written.

The guide linked by post #2 does not use Unibeast.
Make sure you follow the guide as written.
I created my USB using the createinstallmedia method , copied over HFSPlus.efi to EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI of the USB, copied FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext to \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other of the USB, and finally I copied over the config.plist from my working unibeast usb and I also copied the config_HD520_530_540.plist from the repository mentioned in the guide. I believe I have done all of the steps in the guide, but I am getting a clover boot error.
IMG 0844 is the error I got using the default config.plist included in the clover installer
IMG 0845 is the error I got using the config.plist that worked with the unibeast usb
the config_HD520_530_540.plist resulted in the same as IMG 0845

Attachments

• IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 303
Last edited:
I created my USB using the createinstallmedia method , copied over HFSPlus.efi to EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI of the USB, copied FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext to \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other of the USB, and finally I copied over the config.plist from my working unibeast usb and I also copied the config_HD520_530_540.plist from the repository mentioned in the guide. I believe I have done all of the steps in the guide, but I am getting a clover boot error.
IMG 0844 is the error I got using the default config.plist included in the clover installer
IMG 0845 is the error I got using the config.plist that worked with the unibeast usb
the config_HD520_530_540.plist resulted in the same as IMG 0845

From the error, looks like your config.plist is wrong. Or your copy of Clover is too old.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

From the error, looks like your config.plist is wrong. Or your copy of Clover is too old.
I updated from clover 4077 to the latest version from sourceforage 4097 and it made no difference, also the config.plist was working on the unibeast version of clover on version 4045 but not on the flash drive that I made from the method in the post

I updated from clover 4077 to the latest version from sourceforage 4097 and it made no difference, also the config.plist was working on the unibeast version of clover on version 4045 but not on the flash drive that I made from the method in the post

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Unibeast not appropriate for laptops.
Read here:

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Attach all requested files/output.
Here is my clover folder, this is as much problem reporting data as I could get since the USB can not yet boot macOS
I cleared the "themes" folder and executed "F2" and "F4" commands in clover

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back