Contribute
Register

n3oN's Build: Z97MX-Gaming 5 | i7 4790K | GTX 970 G1 | 32GB DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

many thanks for this guide. It brings me solutions for some issues (aka USB).

Otherwise, I never had issues about PM even without perform your tutorial.

Once again : thanks :headbang:

Mac Pro 3,1 is the standard as it works for tons of configurations. I choose iMac 14,2 bc it is recommended for proper PM and for iMessage (serial number)..

To change the System Definition, load your config.plist with Clover Configurator and use the Magic Wand on the right side. Choose iMac, and then iMac 14,2 from the drop down. Then click 'shake' buttons next to the week and Unit number, several times each. Select OK and then Command+S, will save it. Reboot and check your System Definition in 'System Information

The [Guide] Z97MX-Gaming 5 tells you how and where to change X.M.P. settings. Try setting those and see if it doesn't fix your memory issues. :thumbup:

Changed System Definition via Clover Configurator to 14.2, no changes,

but XMPDetection=Yes in Clover Configurator did the trick to show RAM speed correctly

Thank you very much!

GR80

n3oN: This is a super build and your guide is really great. I completed a nearly identical about 2 weeks ago - I even went for the retro mac case concept. Built it into a G4 (with zip) case and with a nvidia 650 SC and just 16GB DDR3. The case build took the most time. I did have a few problems that your guide helped me clear out. Now it's working really nicely. I am getting not quite as good, but close Geek Bench scores. Your SSDT helped out a lot.

FYI: I did install the BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth card in a PCI-e adapter. Trouble for a minute. It needed to be in the 4x slot. I had installed in the 8x slot and after relocating to the 4x, no issues fully working.

Also installed a 5 port USB3 that I had on hand, but the Z97MX already has lots of USB.

My temps are good right around 34 degrees C most of the time.

Thanks for the fixes to some nagging issues.

n3oN: This is a super build and your guide is really great. I completed a nearly identical about 2 weeks ago - I even went for the retro mac case concept. Built it into a G4 (with zip) case and with a nvidia 650 SC and just 16GB DDR3. The case build took the most time. I did have a few problems that your guide helped me clear out. Now it's working really nicely. I am getting not quite as good, but close Geek Bench scores. Your SSDT helped out a lot.

FYI: I did install the BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth card in a PCI-e adapter. Trouble for a minute. It needed to be in the 4x slot. I had installed in the 8x slot and after relocating to the 4x, no issues fully working.

Also installed a 5 port USB3 that I had on hand, but the Z97MX already has lots of USB.

My temps are good right around 34 degrees C most of the time.

Thanks for the fixes to some nagging issues.

Thanks for the info about the Wifi/Bluetooth issue. I received the wifi card yesterday, but the wife is making me wait till Christmas to open it.. Ugh :eek:

Updated to OS X 10.11.2
December 9, 2015 - Successful update via MAS. Update did not affect USB 2.0/3.0. Audio remained after update
Update2.png

what does "MAS" stand for? sorry for my ignorance..

Media Application Server

Also been called a Media Access Server

Any of you guys running this mobo and I7 get dual monitors working on the HD4600? I cant seem to be able to boot with both monitors connected.. One gets all distorted..

Media Application Server

Also been called a Media Access Server

That is one meaning but in the context of @n3oNLit3's post it can be taken to mean the Mac App Store.

That is one meaning but in the context of @n3oNLit3's post it can be taken to mean the Mac App Store.

LOL.. thats funny... I didn't even go there.. I deal with MAS's all day from larger server farm environments and didn't even think about App store.. TMA (Too many acronyms) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back