Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it shuts down to the BIOS level and boots again

I need some help! Have done several successful builds using Gigabyte Boards and i7. Decided to build a new machine using i9-9900k, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi and Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB . Never had this much trouble getting to the installer. Created USB Installer using UniBeast 9.2 for Mojave. Went through Step 1 and 2 above completely. The only thing I couldn't find in the BIOS was
Chipset → DVMT Pre-Alloc → 64M
Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem → 256M

USB Installer starts fine. Gets to Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave. Get to Apple Logo, everything looks good but hangs up every time about 70% through and then get the 0 with the slash through it. Been at this for 3 days, I'm ready to give up and go to an i7 but I really want to use the i9 as we do a lot of FCP, DiVinci Resolve etc. I'm fairly sure that the Install USB is good because I can get to the install screen on another machine with an i7. Don't know what to do next.
View attachment 411931View attachment 411932View attachment 411935
I have the same Problem trying to install Mojave on my new Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi - i9-9900k.
Could you please share how you solved it?

Anyone tried Big Sur? I'm gonna do a clone of my disk and try to install it. I'm wondering if there's anything I should change in my OC config.

I created one from scratch on OC 6.4.0 with help of EFI from this thread, I booted with it into Catalina and updated into Big Sur without any problems, remember to replace 'xxxxxxxx' with your serial number

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    63.7 MB · Views: 92
If you're using the Pro (non-Wifi) I would be genuinely surprised if you didn't have immediate success using my EFI folder. I've since cleaned it up a little bit, though. The newer 'clean' version is attached for reference.
Not to sound dumb. But why use a SSDT? I followed your guide with great success! Thank you so much. All my USB ports are working. I even updates to 10.14.6 from 10.14 with zero issues. Again that you for your easy to follow guide. Well done.

I created one from scratch on OC 6.4.0 with help of EFI from this thread, I booted with it into Catalina and updated into Big Sur without any problems, remember to replace 'xxxxxxxx' with your serial number
I used your EFI to clean Big Sur install (OpenCore) and everything working fine. Thank you!
There is only one small problem at the moment, the boot screen resolution cannot be set.

So after countless weeks of messing with OpenCore. I am typing this from mine using OpenCore. Windows drive boots and everything is working except for the life of me can not enable verbose boot. I like seeing it boot in case something hangs. I have tried to reverse the guide on OpenCore. Reset NVRAM. Nothing. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back