Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
how it's going in Texas? In Italy, now, seems Covid is going out... Hope same in Texas.

Have you strange reboot (random) when your hackintosh goes sleeping?
Often I've randomic reboot while sleep... (before wake). I'm the only one with this issue?

Workaround.... I disabled the xmp (in bios setting). And set the ram (Gskill F4-3200C16-8GTZR, XMP to 3200Mhz) to 3600Mhz :think: (in bios).
Now seems that the issue has gone...
My pc Sleep/wake without problem.

Ram works well:
Cinebench 20 test 5900
geekbench 5 multi core about 9240
Brucex about 6 seconds.

i9 9900KS z390 aorus pro gskill 3200 (4x8gb; model F4-3200C16-8GTZR), dual vega 64.
I will keep you informed... i'll test better tomorrow.

Probably reboot issue could be ram related..

Ps: In the next 48h I should replace 9900ks with 9900k (9900ks is very very hot, 127w tdp, with related fan noise, but very very slight performances increase). Probably a smooth 9900k is better for daily use. I'll keep you informed.
Nice night.

UPDATE: after 8h sleep... my pc woke up without problem! And is still up and running... :thumbup:

UPDATE n. 2 --> PROBLEM STILL PERSIST. SOME RANDOMIC RESET/REBOOT WHILE GOING SLEEP

Last edited:
No way to sleep/wake without reboot.... :banghead:
Today I removed all USB patch.
Put the USB mapping I did with Hackintool. Removed USBInjectALL and unnecessary kext.
Nothing to do...
Sleep/wake don't work.
Attached is my EFI folder and IOReg...
If someone help me... thx in advance.

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Dear @MESwan

I've faced with a problem on a similar system. No one here can't help me. Hope for your experience.

OpenCore 0.5.9 + Lilu 1.4.5 + VirtualSMC 1.1.4 + WhateverGreen 1.4.0 + some others

i9-9900K + 32GB RAM + Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE (F9 BIOS)
MSI VEGA 64
SMBIOS iMac19,1

macOS 10.15.5

All BIOS settings are the same as yours.

If I set DVMT >= 64MB (like you) I can't boot with kernel panic (see attachments).
If I set DVMT to 32MB, then VDA decoding / QS is not supported under macOS, so headless configuration is useless.

My config is in the attachments.

Will be grateful for any help.
Thank you!

Attachments

• panic.jpg
    panic.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 84
  • config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 102
Dear @MESwan

I've faced with a problem on a similar system. No one here can't help me. Hope for your experience.

OpenCore 0.5.9 + Lilu 1.4.5 + VirtualSMC 1.1.4 + WhateverGreen 1.4.0 + some others

MSI VEGA 64
SMBIOS iMac19,1

macOS 10.15.5

If I set DVMT >= 64MB (like you) I can't boot with kernel panic (see attachments).
If I set DVMT to 32MB, then VDA decoding / QS is not supported under macOS, so headless configuration is useless.

Thank you!
sanity checker:

Dear @MESwan

MSI VEGA 64
SMBIOS iMac19,1

macOS 10.15.5

Thank you!
Try with 128mb and max

Dear @MESwan

MSI VEGA 64
SMBIOS iMac19,1

macOS 10.15.5

Thank you!

I fixed your iGPU implementation for you, it was missing a few params. Have you unlocked your CSR Register in your Bios? If not, you need to change Kernel -> Quirks -> AppleCpuPmCfgLock and Apple XcpmExtraMsrs to Yes

Attachments

• config.plist
    12 KB · Views: 91
Hi guys!

First of all, let me thank you all, @Feartech, @pulpinex and @MESwan for your quick responses!
My problem was solved!

@Feartech answer was the closest to the solution.
The first item in the sanity checker tells that: "You should not be including your dumped DSDT".
So I've replaced my patched DSDT to the set of SSDTs:

SSDT-EC-USBX
SSDT-PLUG
SSDT-PMC
SSDT-SBUS-MCHC

After that, I was able to boot with DVMT=64MB!
VDA Decoder is fully hardware supported!
So it looks like the problem was somewhere in my patched DSDT.

The @MESwan changes in config.plist are not necessary.

1. I don't use the onboard Audio device, so I don't need "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)" subtree at all.
2. "device_type" and "model" are fine generated by Whatevergreen, so can be omitted. Moreover, I think these properties are purely cosmetic.
3. I don't know the use of "AAPL,slot-name" property. Hackintool always generates it during the patch creating.

So I've left only the following properties under "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" in my config.plist:

AAPL,ig-platform-id = 0300983E

and two optional:

igfxfw = 02000000 (for fixing iGPU performance)
shikigva = 80 (for fixing DRM)

And thank you guys one more time!

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.2 KB · Views: 84
Have you guys had any shutdown issues? For some reason, when I click shutdown, my hackintosh restarts instead of shutting down

Have you guys had any shutdown issues? For some reason, when I click shutdown, my hackintosh restarts instead of shutting down
Same here. Click shutdown. It reboots......
This is after going to opencore.
Edit: I have also tried updating my BIOS past 9. Anything above that the system goes into a constant reboot not even making it to the BIOS screen.

Last edited:
I have F11 like @MESwan and it also reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back