Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I get time and I'm back home, I plan on putting the 5700 XT in the i9 just to see what it will do. If the 5900 XT is a beast, I may have to try it. I'm hoping the new i9 that is coming is gonna be that much better.

Also, I see alot of people moving away from optio2000. I use it in both mine.
I've actually switched to OpenCore completely, which doesn't use that driver.

I've actually switched to OpenCore completely, which doesn't use that driver.
Have you noticed any slowdowns or any other reasons not to switch. Currently debating on what to build next. Wife wants a desktop to do photos on.

Have you noticed any slowdowns or any other reasons not to switch. Currently debating on what to build next. Wife wants a desktop to do photos on.

No, in fact everything seems just... faster. Boot is faster, everything feels more optimized. FCPX feels great, Lightroom feels great. Premier is still bad, but overall feels better. I can't say for certain if it's a placebo effect or not.

Every once in a while if I would leave my Hack alone with youtube open long enough to 'sleep', it would occasionally lock up, and i'd have to force reset. I haven't had that issue whatsoever since switching to OpenCore.

@MESwan are you running Catalina? I just tried your SSDT on it and USB3 slots don't seem to work and I'm wondering whether I have a problem outside of SSDT or maybe is your SSDT not yet Catalina ready?

@MESwan are you running Catalina? I just tried your SSDT on it and USB3 slots don't seem to work and I'm wondering whether I have a problem outside of SSDT or maybe is your SSDT not yet Catalina ready?

I'm on Catalina 10.15.2. Which SSDT did you end up grabbing? My current one is attached, with almost all USB 2 disabled. Only HS11 and HS13 are enabled, the rest are USB 3.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    426 bytes · Views: 84
@MESwan with this one none of the USB ports work :|

I got it working by using attached SSDT that I found somewhere, I'm no SSDT expert and I tried to avoid learning it :D

I'm trying to find other SSDTs as on Mojave my wifi + BT PCI card was working perfectly, in Catalina wifi works but bluetooth is "unavailable". I bought the osxwifi card from USA (the previous one was from AliExpress) but this one also does not work (which was supposed to work OOB). The only thing that works is BT over usb with this iogear GBU521 adapter that @boogieman77 recommended although it has low range and does not do very well with multiple devices due to some interferences. I guess I will need to deep dive into SSDTs to find out if that's the issue with osxwifi card

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    691 bytes · Views: 76
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 69
@MESwan with this one none of the USB ports work :|

I got it working by using attached SSDT that I found somewhere, I'm no SSDT expert and I tried to avoid learning it :D

I'm trying to find other SSDTs as on Mojave my wifi + BT PCI card was working perfectly, in Catalina wifi works but bluetooth is "unavailable". I bought the osxwifi card from USA (the previous one was from AliExpress) but this one also does not work (which was supposed to work OOB). The only thing that works is BT over usb with this iogear GBU521 adapter that @boogieman77 recommended although it has low range and does not do very well with multiple devices due to some interferences. I guess I will need to deep dive into SSDTs to find out if that's the issue with osxwifi card

It sounds like something isn't connected correctly for the AIC. My Bluetooth/WiFi (my system, and my wife's system) is from OSXWIFI, and both work correctly OOB.

@MESwan I got everything working with a new install of macOS. What BIOS settings are you using to Overclock?

Lately, I've not been forcing an OC, but setting an all core Turbo OC. Essentially, I removed all of the power & time limits in the BIOS and set an all core turbo to 5.1. The traditional trial and error to figure out the VCore is still required here, but I find it to be more stable - it plays much nicer with massive Excel files that I interface with daily for work. It's also probably far more natural for macOS, which of course, doesn't technically OC at all. It simply makes use of P-States much better than Windows, and allows the processor to step more naturally.

@MESwan Could you please also share your EFI folder that's for OpenCore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back