Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we changing the serial in smbios again?
I changed the serial from his to a new one so it doesnt throw a flag in Apple's system. Therefore they won't see 2 computers with the same serial number.

I changed the serial from his to a new one so it doesn't throw a flag in Apple's system. Therefore they wont see 2 computers with the same serial number.

Ahhh, that's definitely understood. I didn't know that Apple was tracking serial numbers but I guess that would make sense. Just hope they don't start tracking other things or cross-referencing. I'm curious to know if there's a method to choosing a serial number? I haven't tried the build as yet. Just purchased all my parts today.

After you're done with this install, what should you do about backing it up? What are the best practices?

Ahhh, that's definitely understood. I didn't know that Apple was tracking serial numbers but I guess that would make sense. Just hope they don't start tracking other things or cross-referencing. I'm curious to know if there's a method to choosing a serial number? I haven't tried the build as yet. Just purchased all my parts today.
After you install macOS with the UniBeast USB Installer thumb drive, running MultiBeast will produce an acceptable SMBIOS with a unique serial number.

After you're done with this install, what should you do about backing it up? What are the best practices?
Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper to back up your system to another drive.

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

Where the heck do I find this file? I see it was mentioned before to use the Clover Installer, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to install it on to the USB stick.

Last edited:
Where the heck do I find this file? I see it was mentioned before to use the Clover Installer, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to install it on to the USB stick.

Disregard. I was able to find it and it looks like I'm up and running. Doing my due diligence to see what's working and what's not. How do I get audio to work? I checked my output options in Sys Prefs and it's empty. Am I supposed to be running Multibeast Post-Install?

Update: I pulled the trigger and ran MultiBeast. I just chose the AppleALC, and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just jotting down a few notes from my build.

1. Installed macOS as detailed in the OP.
2. Ran MultiBeast to get audio working. Used AppleALC
3. Build was complete --------------- (At this point)
4. Partitioned the SSD to install Windows and configure the RGB software
5. Installed Windows and set up RGB lighting
6. Installed some drivers and updated the BIOS f10
7. Went back to boot macOS but it wasn't recognized. Which was expected since Windows wrote it's own Boot Manager to the drive
8. But then the drive wouldn't show within Clover nor within macOS Installer
9. Attempted to boot to Linux to wipe the drive entirely. Wiped it and it was still unrecognized.
10. Figured the BIOS update was the issue. But it wasn't. Looks like the SATA Mode was pegged at Intel Optane (one of the drivers and software I installed in Windows).

May want to add in your OP not to update to f10 yet nor to install the Intel Optane software/drivers. If you do, may need to manually set the Sata Mode back to AHCI.

All in all this was a great post with some good information. Just wanted to add this in for those edge cases.

Noticed Preview wasn't working. I was able to get it working with this thread:

Use WhateverGreen.kext and add the following boot arguments:

Bash:
shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back