Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
ho well, thx a lot Stork, i think i'll sell fast my 1070!
Checking what i can buy...a 580, 590, vega 56 or Asus Vega 64 strix?...hummm...
my actual EVGA gtx 1070 FTW is better of Asus Vega 64 strix....

Last edited:
Hi, I have an almost identical setup with a slightly different version of the MB z390 ud. I can not get the iGPU and CPU recognized by mac OS, in "About this Mac" I get a "3,6 GHz Unknown". But e.g. Geekbench recognizes my CPU correctly. I took a look at your guide and could not find what you did specifically to help mac OS to identify the CPU. Did it work "out of the box" for you? Thanks

Are you using the Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+ 8GB? I have it installed on a Z390-F board with SMBIOS 19,1 and 10.14.5 Public Beta 2. But when using DP on my LG 4K HDR monitor my system suffers a mouse lag every 1-2 seconds.
When switching to HDMI it seems to show no lag or at least barely noticeable (not sure whether I'm maybe just imagining it :D).
Did you use any frame buffer patch in your build?

"Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro" waiting to sell mine to buy it.
Problem using DP on 4k monitor ?

"Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro" waiting to sell mine to buy it.
Problem using DP on 4k monitor ?
Yes the mouse cursor is lagging every second. Not sure whether @MESwan uses the "normal“ Vega 64 or the Nitro+ version (which is the only one I could get) and if he only suffers mouse lagging...

EDIT: I’m currently running the installation of macOS 10.14.4 on a second disk to check if the mouse lag is only happening in the beta of 10.14.5. In the setup menu my mouse cursor didn’t lag a bit so far even when using DP. Will keep you posted!

Last edited:
Hi, I have an almost identical setup with a slightly different version of the MB z390 ud. I can not get the iGPU and CPU recognized by mac OS, in "About this Mac" I get a "3,6 GHz Unknown". But e.g. Geekbench recognizes my CPU correctly. I took a look at your guide and could not find what you did specifically to help mac OS to identify the CPU. Did it work "out of the box" for you? Thanks

It's purely cosmetic, try this article to rectify it.
Are you using the Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+ 8GB? I have it installed on a Z390-F board with SMBIOS 19,1 and 10.14.5 Public Beta 2. But when using DP on my LG 4K HDR monitor my system suffers a mouse lag every 1-2 seconds.
When switching to HDMI it seems to show no lag or at least barely noticeable (not sure whether I'm maybe just imagining it :D).
Did you use any frame buffer patch in your build?

No, no framebuffer patch for my Vega64. I'm using a Sapphire Vega 64 reference card, with custom kexts to control Voltage, Fan Speed, etc.

Yes the mouse cursor is lagging every second. Not sure whether @MESwan uses the "normal“ Vega 64 or the Nitro+ version (which is the only one I could get) and if he only suffers mouse lagging...

EDIT: I’m currently running the installation of macOS 10.14.4 on a second disk to check if the mouse lag is only happening in the beta of 10.14.5. In the setup menu my mouse cursor didn’t lag a bit so far even when using DP. Will keep you posted!

I have no mouse lagging issues, and i'm using DP into my LG UC3480 monitor, utilizing the full 75Hz refresh rate. Buttery smooth. I am running the most current Developer Beta as well. You may notice an improvement in the DevPreview build, but I had no issues before enrolling my Hack in the Developer Beta program, either. I have attached my VegaTab_64.kext file that I currently use. It may help sort out any issues you're having.

Attachments

• VegaTab_64.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 73
Hi and thx for your info and help :)
Oh, well, that sound not good... no web drivers for Mojave...hope they'll make them available soon!
Now I don't know if use 9700K iGPU and wait, or install High Sierra...

Anyway, what you mean in your first post after:
"2. Prepare USB Installer with UniBeast for Mojave"
when you say:

Drag config.plist onto Clover Configurator app icon to open (which config.plist?)

The other settings I suppose are UniBeast settings and some are simply copy some files on USB

Correct?

And, of course, your nice guide is not for High Sierra. :(
The config.plist that is created from UniBeast, on the EFI partition of your Install USB. My guide should also work for High Sierra.

The config.plist that is created from UniBeast, on the EFI partition of your Install USB. My guide should also work for High Sierra.
I tried your EFI, and, after long boot, I get a black screen.

I tried your EFI, and, after long boot, I get a black screen.
Can you share your BIOS settings, and whether or not you have the iGPU enabled? Have you booted using Verbose mode (-v bootflag) to see what errors arise?

@MESwan I have your same hardware and an identical overclock which has worked fine for the past 2 months, but over the past few days I've been getting lots of random restarts. Have you encountered this problem yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back