Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did somebody manage to fix the iGPU issue? Mine only shows 7mb...so I don't have any graphic acceleration with the onboard UHD 630.

I tried everything but still same problem: it works, but really slow (7mb :D ) and with glitches all the time.

EDIT-UPDATE: I made it, with the Hackintool tool, following the steps provided and replacing Index 3 (in the Connections tab) with 0x04 and HDMI.

Last edited:
The About This Mac is actually cosmetic - I changed the strings.plist to reflect the processor type. Previously it was showing as Unknown 4.6GHz. I think my FakeCPUID may still be in my config.plist, tbh, but I do remember my 8700 switching to a proper string output when the Coffee Lake support shipped in a macOS update....

Forgive my naivety here, this is my second hack build, but the last one was 7 years ago! Anyway, I have "unknown 4.3GHz" showing and I would love to update this. I've been through my config.plist quite a few times (Changed it to 18,3 but still getting an older iMac) and am unsure where to change this. Also, I'm unsure where the strings.plist is.

Also, thanks for uploading your EFI, I used it as reference quite a bit getting this build up and running. (which it is!) I've noticed your "ACPI" folder has a plethora of .aml files. Mine is pretty empty. Is this something I should mess with or not?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.33.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.33.56 AM.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 221
@ceramiclife

Did you use Clover Configurator and choose SMBIOS for iMac 18,3 and save? You can change unknown CPU...

Use the following command in terminal, as it will open up location where AppleSystemInfo.strings resides.

Code:
open . /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/

Use text wrangler and edit file with CPU information.

Code:
<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
<string>Your CPU Info Here</string>

The .aml files inside ACPI folder are not necessary, thought you can use them to create a DSDT or SSDT to show cosmetic PCI information inside System Profiler. The DSDT can also be patched to disable PCI slots. Though most of the patching renames are done in Clover config.plist.

Last edited:
This is my second Hackintosh build. The first one was nine years ago so I have probably forgotten some of the finer points of doing this. I'm having a terrible time this time around and was hoping for a little direction. I have followed the guide to the letter but I can't seem to get an install. My hardware is: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i9-9900K 3.6GHz 16MB Cache | Noctua NH-D15 Cooler | Ripjaws DDR4-3200 16GBx4 | Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5

The installer goes through the first phase and then reboots. When the Clover screen comes up again, I select the internal disk where I am installing to continue the install. The install appears to finish fine but before it reboots to boot in for the first time, I get an error log saying the install failed. Log is attached. I have double checked my BIOS settings. Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I can't figure out anything valuable from the log.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

UPDATE: I finally got a clean install. I took MESwan's EFI folder from Post 7 and generated a new Serial Number and SmUUID, updated the Board Serial Number and MLB. I replaced the EFI folder on the USB install disk with this one and added VBoxHfs-64.efi to the drivers64UEFI dir. This worked great. Thank you @MESwan. Now to see what works and if I have any issues. :thumbup:

UPDATE 2: Installed 10.14.2. Ran the 10.14.4 update. Now it takes forever to boot up and it ends up at a black screen. Looking around I have read of people having similar issues and recommend using ig-platform-id. I haven't figured out how to use that yet. Is anyone else in this thread having this problem?

UPDATE 3: I've decided to move away from the Aorus board. I bought a Designare so I could have Thunderbolt and I'm up and running following CaseySJ's hack: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/#Thunderbolt

Attachments

• Installer Log 30-Mar-2019.txt
    576.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
@ceramiclife

Did you use Clover Configurator and choose SMBIOS for iMac 18,3 and save? You can change unknown CPU...

Use the following command in terminal, as it will open up location where AppleSystemInfo.strings resides.

Code:
open . /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/English.lproj/

Looks like my system isn't finding this file...

Update: Found it! Thanks

Hello Gigabyters, would anybody be willing to test out my new sensor package for VirtualSMC? It should allow you to see fan rpm and a bunch of other data in HWMonitor.
They seem to work with my GA Aorus Master and i9-9900K (SMBIOS 19,1 & Mojave 10.14.4 18E2034) and I can see a lot of RPM and other data.

They seem to work with my GA Aorus Master and i9-9900K (SMBIOS 19,1 & Mojave 10.14.4 18E2034) and I can see a lot of RPM and other data.

I forgot to ask, did you ever try fan speeds before? Someone with the pro version of your board says it's not working for him.

I forgot to ask, did you ever try fan speeds before? Someone with the pro version of your board says it's not working for him.
I have not tried it before as I'm using a Corsair AIO with Corsair Commander (all fans are connected with it), which are USB controlled. I have Windows 10 on the same machine where I can configure the Corsair stuff and thankfully, the configuration is save with the devices. But with your files I get on Fan speed which must be the AIO pump, as it is the only device needed to be connected to the mainboard.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-05 16.42.34.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-05 16.42.34.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back