Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem!!!!!! ;)
I wanted also to ask, were you able to fix the Clover boot resolution in your system?
I have the PCIe card connected to a 4K monitor via DP, but the clover boot menu is always in low-res (I guess it's 1024x768, upscaded to 4K).

I have already tried several workarounds such as "Disable CSM" via BIOS, but I haven't found a way to render in full 4K res.
It's sort of ironic that you ask that, I spent a few minutes trying to work that out this morning. Unfortunately, I've had zero luck. I get a full 4k if I use iGPU out, but not my Vega 64.

It's sort of ironic that you ask that, I spent a few minutes trying to work that out this morning. Unfortunately, I've had zero luck. I get a full 4k if I use iGPU out, but not my Vega 64.

Eheh probably because it's something quite hard to achieve with such hardware. Actually it's one of the few things left I'd like to improve. I've read somewhere else that if you have a reference Vega 64 it's possible to flash it with a particular modified version of the bios. But this doesn't seem to work with third party Vegas.

I finaly made it to install the Mojave in my PC.

I thought it would be easier but as a Hackintosh newbie it's ok.

my biggest problem was "couldn't allocate runtime area"
Is there a way to edit efi when Mojave doesn't boot??
To not lose the applications I installed another Mojave in the other disk and replaced in the EFI partition
OSXAptioFix2 with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi .
It's working

9900K and the iGPU
dGPU + Headless iGPU
  • SMBIOS: Use either iMac18,3 or iMacPro1,1.
  • Devices: IntelGFX = 0x0
  • Devices: Devices* = PCIRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
    Properties:
    • Key = framebuffer-patch-enable | Value = 01000000 | Type = Data
    • Key = AAPL,ig-platform-id | Value = 0300923E | Type = Data (you may also try 0300913E)
    • Key = device-id | Value = 9B3E0000 | Type = Data
  • Graphics: FB Name = Orinoco (only for RX580)
  • Graphics: ig-platform-id = <make sure this is empty>
  • Graphics: Inject Intel = false
  • Graphics: Inject ATI = false

Hi MESwan,

As far as I understand, exactly the same method can be applied to i7 8700K + headless iGPU? My MB is exactly the same as yours.

my biggest problem was "couldn't allocate runtime area"

As far as I know, this error appears when you use a driver to make your NVRAM work correctly (emuvariables64.efi or something like this, don't remember exact name). Instead it should only be used only once to activate your iMessage, FaceTime and other Apple's stuff, and then it should be deleted from Clover.

Man, bro, @MESwan,
Thanks for all the support you're doing here!
I've actually read through all 22 pages, trying out different tricks here and there, but so far, it's not coming together as of yet.

Here's my setup:
i7-9700K​
Z390 Pro WiFi​
1TB 970 EEVO M.2 SSD (non plus)​
32GB Ballistix Sport LT RAM​
Vega FE​

On my own, I was able to get to a point of my Hackintosh booting, but then I sent it into a bootloop once I installed some things through MultiBeast (Dumb idea - I thought that's how it has to work).
Since then, I've been trying different EFIs, and the furthest I've gotten was with EFI 2 file that was posted earlier.

So, now I'm fully booted into the main screen of the OSX.
- Vega FE works flawlessly on the 32" BENQ 4K screen
- Sounds works through the monitor
- Intel l219V7 Ethernet controller is active - though I haven't tested it yet

Unfortunately, I'm so clueless as to what I have to do next. All I know is I want to start using FCPX. :shifty:

My questions are:

- How do I know if the internal Ethernet port is enabled/disabled? I have ordered a PCIe BT/WiFi adapter to counter that issue.
- Only the top 4 USB2 ports are active and none of the USB3. I didn't catch if anyone fixed it. I saw the SSDT-UIAC.aml file. But, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get that installed. The EFI on the flash drive doesn't have /Extra folder to drop it in...(?)
I can under System Report/USB the USB Device tree that has:

USB 3.1 Bus
USB 2.0 Hub
Keyboard
Mouse
Flash Drive
USB 2.0 Hub

Does this mean that only the actual USB 2.0 hubs work (4 total on this mobo)?

Apologies for my noob questions and any help is appreciated!

With the official support of the i9 now in the iMacs should we see anything improved in using it in ours? I've been away for a good while and saw that they had released these but didn't know if would help or not.

I am not even able to install macOS. I have the same motherboard. I tried with BIOS F5 and BIOS F9. I pass the first part of the install process (5-6 minutes and the first reboot), but after that I can't progress. It gets to the installation window of Mojave where it says Installing on "Mojave" - "About 15 minutes remaining" but it doesn't go further. After a minute, maximum, the system reboots automatically...I select "boot macOS Install on Mojave"...it loads the installer and boom, it crashes again...3-4-5 times. I reinstalled again, from different USB ports. No luck. I checked the BIOS settings, no luck. I followed all the steps here and tried also other Builds with the same motherboard...no luck.

This is what happen. There is no order. It's just random.

1. Frozen grey screen and reboots automatically
2. Frozen "15 minutes remaining" screen, and reboots automatically
3. The Mac Os Install window appears for 1 second, then disappears...and frozen grey screen for 30 seconds, and it reboots automatically again.

I am using the integrated graphic card, since I saw that it works and I don't need anything else. Could this be the problem? Or is the NVMe SSD drive the problem? Why in the First step of the installation (the 5-6 minutes and first reboot) it works and it writes data on the SSD, and in the second phase it crashes all the time?

I don't know what's going on. Seems so easy to other people but for me it's not working and I don't know why.

Last edited:
Ok I found the Problem!!!

The EVO 970 PLUS NVMe drive DOESN'T WORK YET. It crashes all the time. Everybody is having the same issue with this SSD drive. Nobody should buy it!!

So, I need to get back to the store and return it.

The EVO 970 PLUS NVMe drive DOESN'T WORK YET

Meanwhile EVO 970 (without plus) works just great. I installes OS X Mojave on it using this guide and then converted the boot disk to HFS+ from APFS to speed up booting using backup and restore method via Carbon Copy Cloner. Got 2 seconds faster boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back