Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everybody
thnx for posting your builds and helping everyone in hackintosh.
I ordered my components already before reading this guide and will try my first hackintosh ever next week i hope.

My CPU is a i5-8600K 3,60Ghz 9M, would the EFI folder be good for my pc or i have to change things ???

Thanks in advance.

Mines running an i5-8400 for now and with the combo stated in the post above is running very nice. Indeed, I'm going to do my own SSDT, etc., and test various things as, after the build, I ended up recreating the scene from the exorcist so didn't touch it afterwards. So going to check all the little things today and tomorrow

The only thing that's annoying me is the fact the MB LEDS wont stay set by RGB Fusion in Windows, and they used to offer control on the BIOS itself. But that got removed, and the current version of Fusion is a retorgrade as it took out advanced features. But, hey ho! Minor problem to have.

Test

JellyFish 200mbps 4K 10bit HEVC MKV Test - Passed without a frame drop
Geekbench - Results as expected
Blackmagic Disk - Results as Expected
USB Mapping - Todo
Quicksync Test - Todo

Update, ended up taking off the AIO from motherboard headers as to be blunt its crap, used the fans controller instead. Now it looks chintzy enough i can get on with more important stuff.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no, not really. I'll take another look. I'm setting time aside today to dig through you and pagaman's issues the best I can.

Maybe I'll take another crack at it this weekend. I stepped away from trying to fix this due to frustration, but I'm going to try to backup my EFI dir and replace with the one from the other forum specifically for my board again, maybe all the mixed files are just not quite jiving somewhere.

The only thing that's annoying me is the fact the MB LEDS wont stay set by RGB Fusion in Windows, and they used to offer control on the BIOS itself. But that got removed, and the current version of Fusion is a retorgrade as it took out advanced features. But, hey ho! Minor problem to have.

This annoys me as well, especially since I have the AMD B450 version of the same exact board, but it still has bios control of the RGB. Glad it's not just the mITX version that Gigabyte hammed up. I even tried downgrading to the original BIOS since mine came only one version old out of box, but that didn't give me the option either. Kind of annoying that they are a green/yellow color by default and I can't even just turn them off.

I was in the same boat as you. To solve my USB port issues, I had to do my own SSDT. I suggest you do the same.

What helped me understand how it works was @MESwans explanation and the SSDT in post #130 coupled with RehabMan's guide.

For my USB c (HS 06) I used "SS 06" "usbConnector, 9". It works as per RehabMan's guide.

My setup in short went like this...HS 11 (front case and internal usb 2 only port) and HS 13 (rear Black 4 ports usb 2 only) I set mine as "usbConnector, 0" you just need HS entries and not SS entries for USB 2. Any USB 3 ports you need must be set as usbConnector, 3 on both HS & SS entries.

This is quite confusing since MESwan in post #130 wrote that for this board (Z390 Aorus PRO) USB 3+ ports should have only SS entries.

Anyway I've tried in both ways, and I always have some issues:

1) with MESwan method (3+ set only as SS) USB 3.0 ports can only accept USB 3+ devices. I can't plug USB2 stuff into them

2) if I inject USB3+ both as SS+HS, USB 3.0 ports only accept USB2 devices

maybe I am doing mistakes while ordering ports in the .dsl file?
I'm also thinking that something else in the EFI configuration is conflicting with this to work properly...

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 217
This is quite confusing since MESwan in post #130 wrote that for this board (Z390 Aorus PRO) USB 3+ ports should have only SS entries.

1) with MESwan method (3+ set only as SS) USB 3.0 ports can only accept USB 3+ devices. I can't plug USB2 stuff into them

I'm also thinking that something else in the EFI configuration is conflicting with this to work properly...

Hey @woozaer, I just built a rig and followed this tutorial and glasgoods Aorus Z390 on other site. He as more than one SSDT available for download and DSDT too.

Hey @woozaer, I just built a rig and followed this tutorial and glasgoods Aorus Z390 on other site. He as more than one SSDT available for download and DSDT too.

Thanks Cam-Resu, you finally solved my problem with USBs! I'm currently using his ALTERNATIVE 1 SSDT, finally most of the ports work as USB3 and 2 as I needed!

This annoys me as well, especially since I have the AMD B450 version of the same exact board, but it still has bios control of the RGB. Glad it's not just the mITX version that Gigabyte hammed up. I even tried downgrading to the original BIOS since mine came only one version old out of box, but that didn't give me the option either. Kind of annoying that they are a green/yellow color by default and I can't even just turn them off.

I concur

Thankfully, I sussed the rubbish default colour out in Fusion, and its not that self explanatory but managed to set the colour how i wanted it. It just then beggared up the colour for the AIO Fans as the colour wheel is back to front so to speak for that argb header. S,o to get pinky purple, I have to select blue. Then, when setting the default motherboard colour, the motherboard stays pinky purple. But the AIO reverts to blue instead. But all good now.

I wrote that because almost all of my devices are USB 3, and because while enabling HS/SS is ideal, we have too many USB ports to support both USB 2 and USB 3 on each USB 3 port.

@woozaer happy to help! I'm using the default SSDT from his EFI folder, both USB 3 & USB 2 are enabled on the front of the NZXT case so that's good for me. Also noticed he has done a Guide on How to Create Your Own DSDT.

I wrote that because almost all of my devices are USB 3, and because while enabling HS/SS is ideal, we have too many USB ports to support both USB 2 and USB 3 on each USB 3 port.

No problem!!!!!! ;)
I wanted also to ask, were you able to fix the Clover boot resolution in your system?
I have the PCIe card connected to a 4K monitor via DP, but the clover boot menu is always in low-res (I guess it's 1024x768, upscaded to 4K).

I have already tried several workarounds such as "Disable CSM" via BIOS, but I haven't found a way to render in full 4K res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back