Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !, where can I find a guide for my Sapphire Nitro + Special Edition? Thank you.

Thanks ... that will fit in my configuration: Asus P8P67 EVO 3, i7 3770k, 16 GB Ram, 1 SSD, 2 Sata

Nice build and great info you shared here! thx...

I've builded my hack basically just for FCPX and overall, I'm really satisfied with the build and FCPX rendering at least in prores/optimized media, but since I dont' have iGPU my export times in H.264 are really slow.

Considering, some of you built yours hacks also for FCPX, my question would be, do you have some real project examples rendering and exporting and gains in upgrading from system X to 9900k for example. Maybe some 1080 and 4K export times to h.264, some rendering % upgrades, basically what you have got from your upgrades in terms of FCPX performance?

I know FCPX with right GPU will be fast, but how much is it dependant to CPU as well? Because I was thinking about upgrading my system to 4790K because of iGPU and QS obviously and for extra core speeds in regards to my xeon at 3.4GHz or I'm also thinking of upgrading to 9900K(the whole system). I know this is huge upgrade in terms of CPU compare, but how much is that in terms of FCPX using these CPUs(4790k vs 9900k) in real life editing on daily basis?

Mine build is this:
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
i9 9900K
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB OC
SAMSUNG 970 EVO 500G NVMe M.2
G.SKILL DDR4 3000hz 16G RGB C16
USCORSAIR H100i PRO RGB
BCM943602CS (Wifi and bluetooth working)
PC Chassis (Antec)P8 2*USB3.0 on Front panel
USCorsair 1000W RM1000x

First hackintosh pc with macOS Mojave 10.14.2
I have used Hackintool-1.9.2 to make my USB patched。But don't sleep just black the LED Display the Pc is till on power。

Can you please help
Please help me find out and point out where my problem is.

some one said the problem is cause by USCORSAIR H100i PRO RGB data cable (to monitor its status) connected to an internal USB socket of the mobo,I'm not sure what problem 。
"https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sleep-wake-up-problem-with-sierra.218200/#post-1469206"

My log look like:

According to your log that is indeed the issue. The h100i V2 wasn't too mean about sleep, but I can't speak towards the 100i RGB PRO. There's a chance that you will need to unplug the cable in order to get sleep. Alternatively, if it's not plugged into an internal hub, but a header alone, you can disable the internal header.

Hi MESwan,

I'm trying to make my own SSDT. If I follow your USB map for Aorus Z390 PRO, I get 18 ports. How did you do to go under 15 limit ? I have to disable HS07 and HS08 to get 14 ports.

By the way, the two USB 3 in the front of my case doesn't work

thanks

You'll need to manually patch your two USB ports if you have a different case than my NZXT h500i. It's a good exercise to do a manual patch anyway, just in case your motherboard has a slightly different controller layout. My newest & complete USB aml is attached, and it is working fine (all ports tested).

Sorry, @MESwan, I dropped off for 2 days; work schedules you know. I actually got it booting late Sunday night after finding some EFI files on another thread. Booted, Installed and working properly except for 3 things. (Figures!) I even fixed the video driver issue on my own.

1. Currently, it hangs in severe lag for the first 20-30 seconds after the login screen comes up (after that its mostly fine, although garbage at times considering I'm running a Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD).
  2. I can't shut the system down as shutdown just makes it reboot.
  3. If the display goes to sleep it has a 50% of waking to a black or static screen.
I only ask here because the other thread is semi-dead as the OP is no longer following it.

All good dude!

Can you post your Clover folder so I can take a look? I'll see if I can sort through it with you.

Hi.
I managed to install Mojave, everything works fine, all USB ports work, only USB 3.0 appears as USB 2.0. I attach my EFI folder here.
My rig: Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI | i9 9900K | MSI Radeon RX 580 8gb
Thank you MESwan for your guide ;)

See my revised UIAC that i've attached. :)

Hi !, where can I find a guide for my Sapphire Nitro + Special Edition? Thank you.

It should work with 10.13.3+ out of the box.
Thanks ... that will fit in my configuration: Asus P8P67 EVO 3, i7 3770k, 16 GB Ram, 1 SSD, 2 Sata

Your configuration is nothing at all like the one described in this guide. I can bet my lunch money that this guide will never work on your machine. Like mentioned above, the GPU should work out of the box, provided you have a recent build of High Sierra or Mojave, but the rest of your build is far too different to lean on my guide.
Nice build and great info you shared here! thx...

I've builded my hack basically just for FCPX and overall, I'm really satisfied with the build and FCPX rendering at least in prores/optimized media, but since I dont' have iGPU my export times in H.264 are really slow.

Considering, some of you built yours hacks also for FCPX, my question would be, do you have some real project examples rendering and exporting and gains in upgrading from system X to 9900k for example. Maybe some 1080 and 4K export times to h.264, some rendering % upgrades, basically what you have got from your upgrades in terms of FCPX performance?

I know FCPX with right GPU will be fast, but how much is it dependant to CPU as well? Because I was thinking about upgrading my system to 4790K because of iGPU and QS obviously and for extra core speeds in regards to my xeon at 3.4GHz or I'm also thinking of upgrading to 9900K(the whole system). I know this is huge upgrade in terms of CPU compare, but how much is that in terms of FCPX using these CPUs(4790k vs 9900k) in real life editing on daily basis?

So the thing to take note of here (regarding the 9X00 CPU, both the 9700(k) and 9900k in particular, since that is where my build is focused) is that Intel QuickSync is fully supported by macOS. So, running the iGPU in a headless configuration will allow the iGPU to take on some of the load. I've heard reports as high as 12-15% increase in performance, and lowered h.264 exporting times. I don't use FCPX at the moment, so I can't give you my own personal benchmark results comparatively, but YouTube should have quite a few to drool over. Yes, the dGPU does make a huge difference, but having the iGPU to assist using QuickSync is that extra cherry of sexiness on top. If you can swing the $$$ for a total overhaul and do a 9900k Hack, it will absolutely blow your mind. Mine is an upgrade path from an 8700 (non-k), and the difference in one generation plus some mild overclocking is absolutely phenomenal.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    497 bytes · Views: 194
So the thing to take note of here (regarding the 9X00 CPU, both the 9700(k) and 9900k in particular, since that is where my build is focused) is that Intel QuickSync is fully supported by macOS. So, running the iGPU in a headless configuration will allow the iGPU to take on some of the load. I've heard reports as high as 12-15% increase in performance, and lowered h.264 exporting times. I don't use FCPX at the moment, so I can't give you my own personal benchmark results comparatively, but YouTube should have quite a few to drool over. Yes, the dGPU does make a huge difference, but having the iGPU to assist using QuickSync is that extra cherry of sexiness on top. If you can swing the $$$ for a total overhaul and do a 9900k Hack, it will absolutely blow your mind. Mine is an upgrade path from an 8700 (non-k), and the difference in one generation plus some mild overclocking is absolutely phenomenal.

Thanks for fast reply.

Yes, I watched mostly all YT major videos on that topic :) and read all the interwebs info regarding this, but the problem is that there is no direct comparison CPU vs CPU especially not between generations. You can find different videos from different youtubers, but that can't tell you much because of different test cases used environments etc.

I think I might just go 9900k way(maybe vega as well) and call it a day.

Would be interesting if boogieman77 would share his experience.

Thanks for fast reply.

Yes, I watched mostly all YT major videos on that topic :) and read all the interwebs info regarding this, but the problem is that there is no direct comparison CPU vs CPU especially not between generations. You can find different videos from different youtubers, but that can't tell you much because of different test cases used environments etc.

I think I might just go 9900k way(maybe vega as well) and call it a day.

Would be interesting if boogieman77 would share his experience.

One thing I can definitely say is now that Premier Pro supports quicksync, comparisons across generations in Premier Pro should allow you to discern what sort of performance boost you can expect to receive (borrwed lovingly from Puget Systems):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back