Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one issue... when I put Smbios like yours, just one of my two monitors work... I don't know what to do...

I have one issue... when I put Smbios like yours, just one of my two monitors work... I don't know what to do...
Hi friend! Can I have a little more details, please? Current SMBIOS in use, system build specs, macOS Version, Clover Version, etc..

hey @MESwan any chance you could post your most up to date EFI folder?

I have tried to follow your first post to the letter (with and without the OC). Unfortunately though my machine (i9 + saphire 64) keeps suffering from:

1. random reboots
2. random screen going fully white and me having to reboot
3. random screen going black and all fans going to max

I'm at a loss in terms of what to do, or even where I could look for diagnostics to find out what's going on.

hey @MESwan any chance you could post your most up to date EFI folder?

I have tried to follow your first post to the letter (with and without the OC). Unfortunately though my machine (i9 + saphire 64) keeps suffering from:

1. random reboots
2. random screen going fully white and me having to reboot
3. random screen going black and all fans going to max

I'm at a loss in terms of what to do, or even where I could look for diagnostics to find out what's going on.
Do you have the regular Sapphire Vega 64 or the Nitro+? I have similar issues with my Nitro+.

Hello Team,

I have the same build but have different GPU. Do I need some extra settings for my Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8GB after installing Mojave 10.14.5. Or I need to use only your DSDT.aml attached files?

P.S. my first language is not English, and I can make some mistakes in text, sorry for that.

Last edited:
Hello Team,

I have the same build but have different GPU. Do i need some extra settings for my Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8GB after installing Mojave 10.14.5. Or i need to use only your DSDT.aml attached files?

P.S. my first language is not English and i can make some mistakes in text, sorry for that.

Installed 10.14.5 using you guide. External USB HDD’s works.

But sleep have an issue. When I test it, display is turned off, but all leds on motherboard still work, and, after minute or half shutdown, all led’s, and turn it on motherboard back but display stay off. Try to wake it using Apple keyboard and Magic TrackPad (all using weird connections for now). After that, PC have reboot themselves, and now I have an boot error like “Couldn’t allocated runtime area”.

Even if I try to boot via bootable USB for installing, I still have this error and can’t load macOS. Can anybody help me please? Sleep kill macOS?

Update: i change from 64 to 32 and now can boot again in mscOS

Chipset → DVMT Pre-Alloc → 64M (change to 32M)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Hello Team,

I have stack on boot now. (See screenshot, please.) Anybody can help, please?

UPDATE: I reinstalled macOS using other BIOS settings. Now run well.. need more time to test all.

Attachments

• 7A5536ED-5C8C-42CD-9897-792E68DB07E7.jpeg
    7A5536ED-5C8C-42CD-9897-792E68DB07E7.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Why using UserKernelCache=No ? Does it had an influence on the performances or anything ?

I need some help! Have done several successful builds using Gigabyte Boards and i7. Decided to build a new machine using i9-9900k, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi and Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB . Never had this much trouble getting to the installer. Created USB Installer using UniBeast 9.2 for Mojave. Went through Step 1 and 2 above completely. The only thing I couldn't find in the BIOS was
Chipset → DVMT Pre-Alloc → 64M
Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem → 256M

USB Installer starts fine. Gets to Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave. Get to Apple Logo, everything looks good but hangs up every time about 70% through and then get the 0 with the slash through it. Been at this for 3 days, I'm ready to give up and go to an i7 but I really want to use the i9 as we do a lot of FCP, DiVinci Resolve etc. I'm fairly sure that the Install USB is good because I can get to the install screen on another machine with an i7. Don't know what to do next.
IMG_8029 (2).jpgIMG_8030 (2).jpgIMG_8032 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Do you use FCPX? I have a similar build (Aorus Z390 Master instead of Pro and Radeon VII). Renders and playback are really not what I was hoping for.
Current thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back