Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks a lot!
So, first, I have to use all settings and steps to prepare the USB to installer. During these steps, I have to add these new settings into config.plist, correct?

What you mean with "Place this under <key>Devices</key>."? inside the .plist?

Sorry, but I don't understand where to add these new settings :(
Open the .plist using something like TextWrangler, or BBEdit, or Sublime Text, find <key>Devices</key> and put the definitions underneath.

Hi Buddy,
I'm sorry to ask but I could really do with your help.
My build is the same as yours apart from I'm using a ASUS RX 580 8GB for my GPU. I've followed your guide all the way up to the SSDT and everything is perfect so far. But I'm totally lost with how to compile and use your SSDT to make my USB work correctly.
If I sent you my EFI folder could you finish off the job for me by any chance or give me instructions on how to do it?
I've read over and over on how to do it but I'm still totally lost. .lol.....sorry for being so dumb!
I hope you can help me finish my build and thank you for even reading this if and when you do.
You don't need to compile the SSDT I posted, just put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Please understand that there may be small differences between functionality due to potentially different cases, but that's not usually the case. I also had to remove most ports USB 2.0 support in order to favor USB 3.0 on the appropriate ports.

Hello everyone. Asking for help from experts.
Can I use this guide with clover settings for my hardware?
- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
- Intel Core i5-9600K
- WD Black SN750 500GB WDS500G3X0C
- G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4 PC4-25600
Connection via HDMI.

Or for this configuration I need to use other settings?
Thanks for any answers and help.
Yes, you will want to use the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS so your Hack knows to look strictly for the iGPU, which should be enabled in your UEFI/BIOS settings.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Open the .plist using something like TextWrangler, or BBEdit, or Sublime Text, find <key>Devices</key> and put the definitions underneath.

You don't need to compile the SSDT I posted, just put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Please understand that there may be small differences between functionality due to potentially different cases, but that's not usually the case. I also had to remove most ports USB 2.0 support in order to favor USB 3.0 on the appropriate ports.

Yes, you will want to use the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS so your Hack knows to look strictly for the iGPU, which should be enabled in your UEFI/BIOS settings.
Thanks, @MWSwan. I'll try it, and I can use this too:
"MacMini8,1 SMBIOS because I use iGPU too!"

Motherboard
Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks are you maybe aware of any wifi cards that support continuity OOB in europe? This one is available only in US:
For Europe i recommend you this one: Fenvi FV-T919 It’s working out of the box on my Hacintosh with Mojave 10.14.4 ( Handoff and Airdrop, are working perfectly) I’m from Romania and it arrived to me in three weeks.
I bought it from here:

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
I got this error at about 2 minutes during install.... I read MountedVolumesCount = 24 !!???!!

I try with a evo 860 and 850 pro, same.... :(

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
i9-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Does anyone know how I might go about diagnosing why my machine sometimes randomly reboots?

No kernel panic logs or prompts that I'm aware of. Sometimes I'm just using it and all of a sudden I'll see the Gigabyte boot logo, and my machine will restart.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
It sounds like a hardware level reboot. Are you overclocking, at all? Is your UEFI/BIOS updated to the latest firmware? Has Clover been updated?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Is it safe to update to 10.14.15 after updating clover and kexts?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is it safe to update to 10.14.15 after updating clover and kexts?
I'm currently on the 10.14.6 Beta without issues, so you should be totally fine. :) The only awkward thing i've noticed is my i9-9900k (in the 10.14.6 Beta) shows up as a core i7 rather than i9. Strictly cosmetic, so I don't mind, but it is what it is.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS