Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything updated and officially merged to VirtualSMC GitHub. Not an official release yet but you can get the drivers in this thread. Let me know how it works out.
Just updated with your last build and it seems working great :)
And thanks for the updated HWMonitor App which looks a lot better now.

Last night, I just updated to 14.4, and don't start the S.O. Just black screen with the mouse pointer. Anybody got this?

Last night, I just updated to 14.4, and don't start the S.O. Just black screen with the mouse pointer. Anybody got this?
Did you update clover to newest version. Had the same issue till I updated it.

Thank you Fixed!!!
I’m just glad that it fixed it for you. I stupidly did the update but didn’t update clover. I kept scratching my head and on and on. Booted up my clone drive from 10.14.2. It came right up. Then it hit me...... duh update clover.... Updated it and removed clone drive and up and running. I have now made a cheat sheet for updating.

Everything updated and officially merged to VirtualSMC GitHub. Not an official release yet but you can get the drivers in this thread. Let me know how it works out.
Hey, I just got around to testing this for you. So far so good. iStat Menu reports my pump's speed (which matches the push/pull 4 fan configuration) and HWSMC2 shows the other fan that isn't attached to my NZXT Kraken separately.

Hi! I'm back to macOS, after a lot of years. Work and Life took me away...but I love it, and I'd like to build it.
(Sorry for my English.)
I just own a i7-9700K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro (not the WiFi version) 32GB of memory, some SSD and a 1070 GTX.
The system is all running on a EVO 970 M.2 drive with Windows 10, but I have some SSD, one to use for Mojave.
I'd like to do a dual boot system, but first I have to install Mojave correctly.

I see your first post, and I'm trying to figure how to do it.
i see the "UniBeast: Install macOS Mojave on Any Supported Intel-based PC" guide, too.

I think i can start from there?
I read also on your first posts that you put a "EFI.zip"...
As i say, I'm back, and I want to try to install Mojave.
If I have some question I hope to find someone here that can help me. :) Anyway, I'm back to read the guide and prepare all I need.

See you soon :D

Hi! I'm back to macOS, after a lot of years. Work and Life took me away...but I love it, and I'd like to build it.
(Sorry for my English.)
I just own a i7-9700K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro (not the WiFi version) 32GB of memory, some SSD and a 1070 GTX.
The system is all running on a EVO 970 M.2 drive with Windows 10, but I have some SSD, one to use for Mojave.
I'd like to do a dual boot system, but first I have to install Mojave correctly.

I see your first post, and I'm trying to figure how to do it.
i see the "UniBeast: Install macOS Mojave on Any Supported Intel-based PC" guide, too.

I think i can start from there?
I read also on your first posts that you put a "EFI.zip"...
As i say, I'm back, and I want to try to install Mojave.
If I have some question I hope to find someone here that can help me. :) Anyway, I'm back to read the guide and prepare all I need.

See you soon :D
Hi friend!

That is a fine place to start, however do take note that your GTX 1070 will NOT work with Mojave. There are no web drivers for Mojave at this time. You currently have two options:

Run your 9700K's iGPU as your display driver, or simply install High Sierra, where there are up-to-date and working Web Drivers that support your 1070.

Hi and thx for your info and help :)
Oh, well, that sound not good... no web drivers for Mojave...hope they'll make them available soon!
Now I don't know if use 9700K iGPU and wait, or install High Sierra...

Anyway, what you mean in your first post after:
"2. Prepare USB Installer with UniBeast for Mojave"
when you say:

Drag config.plist onto Clover Configurator app icon to open (which config.plist?)

The other settings I suppose are UniBeast settings and some are simply copy some files on USB

Correct?

And, of course, your nice guide is not for High Sierra. :(

Hi and thx for your info and help :)
Oh, well, that sound not good... no web drivers for Mojave...hope they'll make them available soon!
Now I don't know if use 9700K iGPU and wait, or install High Sierra...
It's been approximately 9 months since the first Mojave beta build appeared. Now, we're on 10.14.4 with 10.14.5 around the corner, and NO NVIDIA DRIVERS. Sorry, didn't mean to yell. I've sold my Nvidia graphics cards and are using AMD in my current systems, and in my older systems I'm using Nvidia GTX 680/770 graphics cards which are supported by Apple's native graphics drivers. So, don't hold your breath for Nvidia graphics support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back