Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also guys, for those who want to perfect out their builds, I would suggest to use eqMac2 free utulity to control system volume of the DisplayPort using volume control keys of apple kb (this utility also offers an equaliser functionality which is a nice bonus) and NativeDisplayBrightness app to control brightness level of your display almost natively, i.e using F1, F2 keys :)

Also guys, for those who want to perfect out their builds, I would suggest to use eqMac2 free utulity to control system volume of the DisplayPort using volume control keys of apple kb (this utility also offers an equaliser functionality which is a nice bonus) and NativeDisplayBrightness app to control brightness level of your display almost natively, i.e using F1, F2 keys :)
Hi. I use NativeDisplayBrightness app. Do you know how to change the default keys from F1,F2 to F6,F7?

Hi. I use NativeDisplayBrightness app. Do you know how to change the default keys from F1,F2 to F6,F7?
From the menu bar, you can go to settings and from there to change it.

Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 20.55.13.png

Dear all,

Yesterday I updated the system to 14.4, but after reboot, won't load the OS. The process stops at the beginning of the gray screen. Can you any advice, how can I solve this?

Last edited:
Sleep and Shutdown are working perfectly. The H100i v2 is alright, though i've been experimenting with a 5.2 GHz overclock and it definitely struggles to keep the i9 under control. I have actually even added an additional fan on the other side of the mounting bracket for a push/pull towards the in/out at the top of the rad. Last night my Cinebench peaked at 99c on one core, the rest were mid-80's and low 90's. Not ideal, but not totally detrimental. I am currently planning out a custom loop, which may end up being soft tubing just because of the allotted space in the H500i case. Alternatively, I may grab a pair of the non-poo colored Noctua fans to replace the corsair fans mounted to the rad. Most definitely a cheaper option. :lol:
Hi MeSwan

Thanks for a great tutorial! I have the exact same setup as you (both motherboard, CPU and GPU), and have the shutdown/reboot and sleep thing up and running perfectly. But one thing I can't get to work: When the maschine wakes from sleep it unmounts thumbdrives and external harddrives. Does your setup do the same? I've tried with my own DSDT and kext, and also just copied your EFI folder to my EFI partition.

Hey curious if you got all the LEDs on your case to work. I have the H700IM which has a top LED strip with an RGB connection point, and then an extension in the front to add a second included strip

Dumb Q, but where did you plug in the strip for the led light bar on your z390?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back