Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MESwan Thx for a great work! I have the same setup but I have little problem. All second reboot are stuck (I am using your EFI folder). At stucki Need to press Reset PC and next boot looks good. And sometimes audio was missing.

Make sure your Bios/uEFI settings are correct. I had this issue after my board reset to an alternative bios during my overclock testing, and Vt-d ended up being enabled, as well as iGPU with less than macOS friendly settings.

@MESwan Do you maybe know why I have that file (in English.lproj and in pl.lproj) as a binary file?

tnx so much your guide works like a charm!!! i wanna know wich values i need to overclock my 9700K

tnx so much your guide works like a charm!!! i wanna know wich values i need to overclock my 9700K

Depends heavily on your motherboard, but generally speaking it's a lot of the same from my first post. I'm assuming you're not overclocking a 9700k on the GA Z77 you have listed. :)

Depends heavily on your motherboard, but generally speaking it's a lot of the same from my first post. I'm assuming you're not overclocking a 9700k on the GA Z77 you have listed. :)
jajajaj! No, I have the same setup but with the 9700K, instead.

jajajaj! No, I have the same setup but with the 9700K, instead.

I'll assume your CPU is under water, whether custom loop or AIO.

Are you targeting all all-core turbo OC, or a standard OC to like, 5GHz? If you follow my OC guide in the first post, your 9700k will do just fine. Just try for 5GHz first, then bump it up until it becomes unstable.

xCode didn't work but TextWrangler did the job, thanks
Of course! TextWrangler and Sublime are usually my go-to editors for pretty much everything.

If you're using the Pro (non-Wifi) I would be genuinely surprised if you didn't have immediate success using my EFI folder. I've since cleaned it up a little bit, though. The newer 'clean' version is attached for reference.

Hey MESwan, I also use your EFI folder due to very close hardware setup. In particular mobo and cpu are exactly the same, while the gpu is a Vega 64. I wanted to ask if you also have issues with the USB 3.0 ports, detected as 2.0. Actually all of my 3.0 ports are detected as 2.0. I attach my EFI folder (with some minor modifications), maybe you might understand better what's going on in there....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.9 MB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back