Asus ROG B450F
CPU
Amd Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
Nvidia RTX 2060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

This week I got all my part for my PC (sorry) and hopefully the next few weeks I will finish my MacPro based case mod.

I joined to share my experience and ideas and also my struggles, and I hope all will come in the end good I will built something cool. On the way I am 100% sure I will ask for help from you all.

Process:

I got the case, btw its really hard to find nowdays specially in my part of the globe, let say there is no room for errors, so the planning part of the process take longer in my case. Here is few pic if you like to use for making your plans.

C2E24F65-5D11-465A-81F8-7404EB049EE9.jpeg

I would like to have a full case so I can do all the works and give some ideas....
A7D9B29A-F57B-46C1-935F-219424C636CB.jpeg

1. clear up your schedule because it will take time until you clean it out, if its the first time, like for me, take a looong time
2. use some good quallity tools, because this stuff was builted for a lifetime #forever - I used the iFixit set, plus a big screwdriver.
3. sometimes you cant save all the parts for sale, or friends. ex: processor cooling tower. During the hammering and loosing process it bended...
4. ask for help, or look up videos, forums, sites its possible in 2021.

For people who like to plan digital/draw before start.

DC4802F1-DB69-400A-B295-DA5F526E55A3.jpeg
2B4E7F60-8227-41E7-A0CC-AC357BC2CBA2.jpeg

Here I am now with the process,

Plans/dreams:

- I like to keep the case in one piece as much as I can.
- Probably I cut an old pc case for the MB plate, back plate. I learned it can be easier.
- I am “inventing“ also other ideas for a future
- Keep it simple, since I dont have super/hyper home workshop CNC,Laser,Tools etc
- Well documented for helping others

Parts:

- Asus MB/PSU/GPU
- AMD Ryzen 7 CPU
- Corsair RAM
- Be quiet! fans
- Aorus m.2 SSD

CPU will have stock cooler for now, later water cooling so I need to work some not permanent solutions in the built for the front panel.

To Be Continued. Just I need to be in work too...

Good guide actually. I also used an old case for the backplate and in my case i epoxied the Standoffs into the right place. In case u didnt know you can take of the dark grey sticker on the bottom to drill out the rivets of the bottom speaker. So you can have a flush bottom. Might come in handy when placing the coolers for the water cooling. I would also suggest to take nail polish remover to remove glue residue.
How do you wanna handle the front panel connectors?
Do you wanna keep the look from the outside or give it a paint job?

You may not need to cut it out and install a pc backplate etc. Maybe take a look on my mod.
Kind regards,
Laverda.

Good guide actually. I also used an old case for the backplate and in my case i epoxied the Standoffs into the right place. In case u didnt know you can take of the dark grey sticker on the bottom to drill out the rivets of the bottom speaker. So you can have a flush bottom. Might come in handy when placing the coolers for the water cooling. I would also suggest to take nail polish remover to remove glue residue.
How do you wanna handle the front panel connectors?
Do you wanna keep the look from the outside or give it a paint job?

Hy IcedOut. Thanks, I try my best, next folks should not fight with that ****, until it will come a part :D :D
1. I go with other pc MB plate plus I will cut the back out for the I/O.
2. I dont need to glue, weld, etc. I only have to make few plus holes on the back plate and screw them to the original MB holders from mac. I got lucky this time...
3. Front panel. Well from the donor case I will use the cables for the MB connect power and reset
- I will buy USB 3.0 pin header hun 2.00 mm 19 pin til 2 x USB-A 3.0 hun to MB
- audio same way
- rest will saty for a look
4. I livin a country where not worth to start custom water cooler built, so I stay with the stock (later).
5. Paint job. Well I made a sexy dent on the top, but for now it stays. This my very first "custom" with all mistakes and defection I keep as it is, maybe later or with the next. :p :D

This was a budget idea, cos right now, I dont had the feeling to spend money on case. (spec. what I want it cost crazy right now) I got lucky to found this for the project, so I could try, train, and stay in budget. :D

Attachments

• USB.jpg
    USB.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 138
You may not need to cut it out and install a pc backplate etc. Maybe take a look on my mod.
Kind regards,
Laverda.
Ohh, I checked. Crazy good, you take this job very serious. Respect. Looks good, and lot to read to.
My situ is different cos I have twice a size of your board. Asus ROG B450F. I need to cut. First was the egg later I bought a chicken :D :D Keep on eyes I will kick myself and fresh the post. Hopefully next week I made the cut and few drill on my work. Thanks, for the ideas, helps.

I got the case, btw its really hard to find nowdays
Perhaps but they are old and they do blow up more and more often. My old 3,1 is sitting in the back of the bike shed with one of its memory controllers blown. At this stage I'm unsure whether I'll ever get around to fitting out the case with shiny new bits or whether it'll get cut up to make bits for old motorbikes. Either way, I expect the spiders living in it are safe for a while yet.

One thing I would do if I was building a case-mod special (and I hope to do a G4 Quicksilver quite soon) is get all the bits running in an old PC case first. I wouldn't go cutting holes to fit parts that end up not working together particularly well as a hackentosh. I'd also try to keep my build as near ATX as possible so as newer hardware would would slot in at a later stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back