Contribute
Register

My System Won’t boot up anymore after a system update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even have that anymore. Might have to recreate it. Could I do that in safe mode? & I could just reinstall to fix everything yeah?
not sure why you wouldn't have that anymore for issues like this?

not sure if creating a new one in safe mode will work, you will have to try

Found my usb. Trying to boot from it now and it’s not working still

I have now tried to use the usb drive to reinstall macOS Sierra and now the Mac logo loads all the way up and then the display just disappears

Here’s a photo. Safe mode won’t even boot anymore

Attachments

• 99AFF30E-0CB9-4D8F-90E6-E0F84057C021.png
    99AFF30E-0CB9-4D8F-90E6-E0F84057C021.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 22
I have now tried to use the usb drive to reinstall macOS Sierra and now the Mac logo loads all the way up and then the display just disappears
no real need to re install macOS, you just need to fix up your kexts folder in your EFI

Here’s a photo. Safe mode won’t even boot anymore
problem at the end of the page is a graphics issue

is that verbose screen when trying to run safe mode?

did you also delete those other kexts listed in your /Library/Extension folder?

no real need to re install macOS, you just need to fix up your kexts folder in your EFI

problem at the end of the page is a graphics issue

is that verbose screen when trying to run safe mode?

did you also delete those other kexts listed in your /Library/Extension folder?
Yes this was verbose while trying to run safe mode. I can’t even delete anything now as it won’t run.

Yes this was verbose while trying to run safe mode. I can’t even delete anything now as it won’t run.
try using nv_disable=1 at clover boot screen to edit boot argument to see if that gets you any further

Okay going to try it

try using nv_disable=1 at clover boot screen to edit boot argument to see if that gets you any further

Hey! So I finally tried the nv_disabled=1 and the system booted up but the graphics looks horrible. Idk if its because of that or because I also disabled some graphics ktext in the options as well

EDIT

Actually without any of that the system now boots up fine. But the loading wheel after putting in my password is just rolling and rolling.& system does not boot up when I try using the flash drive

Not sure what this means
3F8DCD45-7DA7-4F86-B2B9-E880FE584CAF.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back