Contribute
Register

My SSD doesn't show up in disk utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
My SSD, Samsung 830 Series 64GB does not show up in disk utility when i am trying to install OS X lion, any ideas???

SSD:Samsung 830 SSD
RAM:Corsair Vengeance Blue RAM 16GB
Processor:Intel Core i7 2600k processor
Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6870
Power Supply: Corsair 650watt
Optical Drive: Asus DVD burner
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3

Motherboard Firmware: F8

Could you post how you fixed this problem? I am having a similar issue.

Did you initialize it and format it first?

Yes please explain step by step. I was able to boot using unibeast. currently my ssd and the bootable flash drive are the only drives. what are the settings in bios and what did you do to the drive before you booted up disc utility?

To everyone still looking for a solution, this is how I solved the problem.

When I had created my Unibeast USB key, I had created it using OSX Lion 10.7 build. Upon doing research both on Tonymacx86 and other websites, I read in multiple threads that Lion 10.7 disk utility has trouble at times finding certain drives, more specifically SSD's. So what I did is I rebuilt the Unibeast USB key using Lion 10.7.4 and voila - found my drive in the disk utility.

Hope this helps someone out there, cheers.

btw ~ Crucial 128gb SSD

EDIT: Yes, I meant 10.7.4 (dyslexia wins again)

by 10.4.7 do you mean 10.7.4?? also where can i get full install of 10.7.4?

solved. was able to buy osx from mac store and then booted with unibeast and it saw my drives!! for the record having 10.7.4 seems to be the way to solve this.

Ok so im having the same problem and even dropped the 30 bucks for 10.7.4 and still a no show for my drive on the install. :banghead: is there anything else you would suggest. I currently have a hitachi 1tb hd ds7sac100 hardrive and an intel gigabyte ga-768x-ud5-83 mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back