Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2048 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone have any idea's at what is causing this problem.

I've searched high and low on the net but cannot figure out why my SL install stopped being able to boot from the hard drive. I now have to use iBoot in order to boot my install. I've been using this install for probably a year now without this problem but all of a sudden now when I try to boot from the HD it won't get further than a blinking horizontal icon about 4-5 lines down on the top left of screen.posting.php?mode=post&f=3#

Things I've done to try to get it working:

-Repair disk from Retail Install DVD Diskutility
-Install the latest Chimera bootloader (no difference)
-Tried Multibeast options again (nothing changed)

I don't have a clue what is causing this. I'm at the point of giving up and just reinstalling SL again. To frustrating.

I'm presently using 10.6.7 on this install.

Any help would be grateful. Thanks.

can you pm me your specs and what kexts your using version of multibeast ect ect :]

Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone.

I have decided to do a Time Machine backup of my system. I also decided to buy a new 2Tb hard drive and partition it for two 1Tb partitions due to Chimera only being able to boot from max 1Tb and install SL on it and restore my TM backup to it and start fresh again.

I think I figured out the problem. My 320Gb hard drive wont boot by itself anymore so there is either a problem with the boot sectors being corrupted or the drive itself is defective. I tried the drive in another of my computers and it wouldn't boot there either. I will try to do a fresh install on it (to see if that fixes the problem) once I have the new hard drive install working like it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back