1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!!

Looking at building this system;

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 P55
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 i5 Memory Kit
Intel i5 760 2.8GHz Socket 1156 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

I've come a little stuck at choosing graphics, I'll be doing a bit of gaming, my previous card was a 9800GT so maybe something a little more powerful.

I'd like something that is relatively easy to get going in OSX, my budget for the card is £100

Any other suggestions on the system I'm building are welcome

Thanks guys!!! :D

EDIT: Been looking at the Sapphire 5770, but I'm not entirely sure how easy this is to get running.

I have been pondering the same question, and from the looks of it , I would suggest going with the ATI Radeon 5770 or 5870 if its in your budget.
Easy to setup with Mulitbeast now.

CrispyXUK said:
Hi guys!!

Looking at building this system;

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 P55
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 i5 Memory Kit
Intel i5 760 2.8GHz Socket 1156 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

I've come a little stuck at choosing graphics, I'll be doing a bit of gaming, my previous card was a 9800GT so maybe something a little more powerful.

I'd like something that is relatively easy to get going in OSX, my budget for the card is £100

Any other suggestions on the system I'm building are welcome

Thanks guys!!! :D

EDIT: Been looking at the Sapphire 5770, but I'm not entirely sure how easy this is to get running.

If you get a 5770, make sure it's a reference design.

Well I get the 5770 in the end, but after running multibeast I get the black screen on boot :(

Is there some tweaking needed? Only really went for this card as it was in one of the build guides so I assumed it'd work nice and easy.

CrispyXUK said:
Well I get the 5770 in the end, but after running multibeast I get the black screen on boot :(

Is there some tweaking needed? Only really went for this card as it was in one of the build guides so I assumed it'd work nice and easy.

Which guide did you follow?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    37.9 KB · Views: 104
Thanks, I shall give that a whirl. The userdsdt option isn't particularly clear in what it does, I assumed you used this option if you have a dsdt pre-edited, didn't realise it had all sort of options like that.

Do you think it'll have changed much now we are on multibeast 3.0?

Thanks for all your help dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back