Contribute
Register

My PowerMac G5 Hackintosh Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nicely done.

Dear Rick,

My question about the motherboard is how you get it working. When i only install psu, CPU and RAM it turns in too a loop of boot cycles, did you have the same problem? Some people say i have to upgrade the bios, but how can i do that while the motherboard keeps looping? question is about that cable for the power button? Can you tell me where you ordered it ?

Thanks for your effort,

Robbert

Dear Rick,

My question about the motherboard is how you get it working. When i only install psu, CPU and RAM it turns in too a loop of boot cycles, did you have the same problem? Some people say i have to upgrade the bios, but how can i do that while the motherboard keeps looping? question is about that cable for the power button? Can you tell me where you ordered it ?

Thanks for your effort,

Robbert

Hello Robbert

Well first I set my bios right.. Here >> http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...ild-i7-3770k-ga-z77-ds3h-16gb-ram-6850-a.html << is the golden build thread from Loginfailed with a guide to set the bios for ML.
The first only yes.. but after a succes full ML install and Win 8 install on 2 separate hard drive's and a good configured bios it was gone.

I've ordered the G5 too ATX cable here >> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...anel-to-atx-io-cables/page__hl__ powermac g5 <<

Just add a comment there that you want a cable and than he will contact you.

Rick,

Hello Rick,

I cannot setup my bios by now, i have to wait for the cable to arrive (ordered one yesterday) thank you for that.

When i look at your pictures i see that you have your motherboard very nicely installed. I was wondering if you can explain to my how you fixd that with the aluminum plate underneath. The reason why i am asking is because i don't know what to do with al these pins on the backplate (see picture)
IMG_1340.jpg
(on this picture the plate (where the motherboard will be) is still in there, but by now the right side is already out)

I hope you can give me some advice,

Thanks, Robbert

Dear Rick,

Thanks for your answer,

My last question for now is: where did you get such a motherboard compatible aluminum plate? Or did you just fixed it yourself ?

Thanks, Robbert

What is that sitting on top of your G5 case in the very first picture (looks like a mini G5 w/ a white apple logo)? External HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back