Contribute
Register

My Perfect Custom MacPro7,1 (after 3 years...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Rampage VI Apex
CPU
i9 7920x
Graphics
Vega64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Hardware:12core i9 7920x + R6A + 64GB ram + Vega 64
What Works: Everything except SideCar
Advantage: Low price, Low noise, Good performance
Geekbench 5 Score: Metal 83000 + CPU 11000
System: macOS 10.15.4

My Experience
3 years ago I made a limped hackintosh with 6700K + gtx1080, built an alluminum frame as PC case. As I walked into the hackintosh world, I realised it possible for me to obtain a dream setup. here is the time line
Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3(Current)
CPU/Ram 6700k Skylake/16GB 5960x/16GB 7920X Skylake-X/64GB
MotherBoard Asus Z170Deluxe Asus R5E Asus R6A
GPU RX480 -> GTX1080 GTX1080Ti Vega64
BootLoader Clover Clover OpenCore
PC Case/Cooler Open Frame/H115i(WaterCool) Modified mATX Case/NZXT X62(WaterCool) Jonsbo RM4 ATX Case/Noctua D15S(AirCool)
Noise/Dust Annoying PumpNoise/Lot Dust Annoying PumpNoise/Lot Dust LowNoise(ShownInVideo)/Little Dust

1, I really enjoy the silence of Aircooler that all fans inside are Noctua, they did a great job
2, The Skylake-X platform is the most easy and powerful I've ever used, everything works except SideCar
3, I'm new at Video editting but it's a lot fun, considering the CCP Virus
4, The 70'' TV @ 4K is supported as retina display with great watching experience

Some Thought About Hackintosh
1, Much more easier to built one. Not long a go I have to spend a lot time doing all kind of research which is frustrating, Now All You Need To Do is to follow the OpenCore Guide and keep update time to time.
2, A lot powerful AMD GPU cards available, Native supported, Great performance and experience with much fewer dollar.
3, Almost identical Experience to a real Mac, esp. with Xcode and FinalCutProX. It means a lot that a hackintosh is a powerful productivity matchine as well.

Wish you all have a good fun during the journey to your dream setup.

My Mac Pro 7,1 is posted here
Switched to OpenCore a few weeks ago

hello, kencar
Can you share your OC EFI with me?
I'm trying to move to OC from Clover.

My Hardware: 8 cores i7 7820x + R6A + 32 GB ram + Vega 64
Thanks

Hardware:12core i9 7920x + R6A + 64GB ram + Vega 64
What Works: Everything except SideCar
Advantage: Low price, Low noise, Good performance
Geekbench 5 Score: Metal 83000 + CPU 11000
System: macOS 10.15.4

My Experience
3 years ago I made a limped hackintosh with 6700K + gtx1080, built an alluminum frame as PC case. As I walked into the hackintosh world, I realised it possible for me to obtain a dream setup. here is the time line
Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3(Current)
CPU/Ram 6700k Skylake/16GB 5960x/16GB 7920X Skylake-X/64GB
MotherBoard Asus Z170Deluxe Asus R5E Asus R6A
GPU RX480 -> GTX1080 GTX1080Ti Vega64
BootLoader Clover Clover OpenCore
PC Case/Cooler Open Frame/H115i(WaterCool) Modified mATX Case/NZXT X62(WaterCool) Jonsbo RM4 ATX Case/Noctua D15S(AirCool)
Noise/Dust Annoying PumpNoise/Lot Dust Annoying PumpNoise/Lot Dust LowNoise(ShownInVideo)/Little Dust

1, I really enjoy the silence of Aircooler that all fans inside are Noctua, they did a great job
2, The Skylake-X platform is the most easy and powerful I've ever used, everything works except SideCar
3, I'm new at Video editting but it's a lot fun, considering the CCP Virus
4, The 70'' TV @ 4K is supported as retina display with great watching experience

Some Thought About Hackintosh
1, Much more easier to built one. Not long a go I have to spend a lot time doing all kind of research which is frustrating, Now All You Need To Do is to follow the OpenCore Guide and keep update time to time.
2, A lot powerful AMD GPU cards available, Native supported, Great performance and experience with much fewer dollar.
3, Almost identical Experience to a real Mac, esp. with Xcode and FinalCutProX. It means a lot that a hackintosh is a powerful productivity matchine as well.

Wish you all have a good fun during the journey to your dream setup.
hello, kencar
Can you share your OC EFI with me?
I'm trying to move to OC from Clover.

My Hardware: 8 cores i7 7820x + R6A + 32 GB ram + Vega 64
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back