Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post a picture of my latest ASRock Hackintosh. It's a complete HeatKiller/EK custom water cooling loop, running OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion. When using Geekbench to stress test this system, the load temperatures never go above 61C with the CPU overclocked to 4.2GHz.

IMG_0044.jpg

The reason I posted in the Case Mods/Retail Cases because I needed to Dremal the (Silverstone Fortress FT03) aluminum frame to fit the lower 180mm radiator and fans.

Thanks for taking a look!

Mrengles

That's a cool looking build. I'm about to water cool my system and noticed that you mentioned stress testing using Geekbench. Is that the standard for Mac OS? In other words, for Windows, the standard program is Prime95 when it comes to stress testing and you can leave it on for hours. Can you stress test for long periods of time on Geekbench?

Thanks for starting this thread. I'd love to see other watercooled Hackintoshes. I'll be posting a picture on this thread soon!

That's a cool looking build. I'm about to water cool my system and noticed that you mentioned stress testing using Geekbench. Is that the standard for Mac OS? In other words, for Windows, the standard program is Prime95 when it comes to stress testing and you can leave it on for hours. Can you stress test for long periods of time on Geekbench?

Thanks for starting this thread. I'd love to see other watercooled Hackintoshes. I'll be posting a picture on this thread soon!

I don't know if Geekbench would be considered the standard for OS X, but it does a very good job at pushing your CPU to its max, for as long as you wish.

The H50 in my main desktop just died and replaced it with a standard air
cooler. Missing the quietness of the water cooler right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back