Contribute
Register

My new hackintosh restart after shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUCCESS!! I have solved it by installing "Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM" from Multibeast's Bootloader section.
When I do this the. On start up I get the “couldn’t allocate runtime error” “circle with a slash going through it” issues on start up.

Is there a solution for this "Restart" instead of "Shutdown" problem for my "Custom Mac?" Running Mojave 10.14.5 build 18F132. Hardware shown at left, Clover version 4934, have tried "Install RC Scripts" during Clover update, no effect.

I fixed my shutdown problem when i upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra by removing GeneralUSBXHCI.kext from /Library/Extensions. It seems USB3 still works.

This solved my shutdown=restart issues on High Sierra but, now my USB 3.0 pcie slot doesn't work :banghead:

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

After updating the BIOS of my motherboard (see my signature) to version F22a, I am not able anymore to start my formerly working OS X 10.11.6 system.
It automatically restarts at the very beginning, after writing the sequence of "+++++++++"

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? Could you provide me working BIOS settings for Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5?

Note: I've noticed that after updating my BIOS, its settings were reset to default, so I've tried to restore (by heart) the previous ones.

Thank you.
hello frnd
i would like to suggest you To disable LanPxe Boot Agent in BIOS setting I hope it will work Thanks.

Is there a solution for this "Restart" instead of "Shutdown" problem for my "Custom Mac?" Running Mojave 10.14.5 build 18F132. Hardware shown at left, Clover version 4934, have tried "Install RC Scripts" during Clover update, no effect.
hi
Step 1: Goto System Prefrences

Step 2: Goto Energy Saver

Step3: Final Step Remove Checkmark From "Wake For Ethernet Network Acces"

Thats it
Hope It Will work for you
Thanks

hi
Step 1: Goto System Prefrences

Step 2: Goto Energy Saver

Step3: Final Step Remove Checkmark From "Wake For Ethernet Network Acces"
Thanks for your suggestion. However I have never enabled "Wake on LAN." My final solution was to downgrade to High Sierra, which now works fine.

1. add boot slide=0
2. and install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi

1. add boot slide=0
2. and install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi

Thank you, that worked! This is the second installation of Mojave that I've made, and this very thing did not work on my first installation, but trying again this time, it did work. Computers are not here to stay...

I
Thank you, that worked! This is the second installation of Mojave that I've made, and this very thing did not work on my first installation, but trying again this time, it did work. Computers are not here to stay...

I tried this and then my system did not boot anymore :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back