Contribute
Register

My new hackintosh restart after shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you disable serial ports in your BIOS?

Did you install the nvidia web driver and than it happened?

Did you disable serial ports in your BIOS?

Did you install the nvidia web driver and than it happened?
Serial port is disabled and the problem happened after I had updated the motherboard BIOS

Serial port is disabled and the problem happened after I had updated the motherboard BIOS
Did you check if all settings are right on your BIOS? Also, show a pic what happens when you use OsxAptioFix2Drv.

I've tried a lot of BIOS settings (and now I think that I've my previous one that were working).
This is what I get using OsxAptioFix2Drv:

Code:
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've tried to used "Patch APIC" and "KernelPM" as explained in this thread, but with no luck!

Can I ask what hard drive you are using? I once had this problem as well when I would shutdown and the system kept restarting and I had no clue what it was. I did research and found out that I wasn't properly patching my SSD which was an NVMe SSD. This was causing that problem. When I changed out SSD and used a Samsung EVO 2.5 it worked fine.

Hi,

It's a Samsung 950 PRO 512GB and it was working without any issue before updating the BIOS.
Sadly, I cannot remember which kind of patch/driver/configuration I used before to get it run.

Thank you.

P.S.:
My OS X version is 10.11.6

Thank you, but the problem is that at the moment I cannot boot any working OS Xs (even my old OS X USB system) and so I cannot execute the script requested by that guide (I've tried to port on Linux, but it use some specific command from OS X). :banghead:

I've to find somebody that has created the kext for 10.11.6 and has the same NVME disk :beachball:

Hi,

I have a similar problem.

After updating the BIOS of my motherboard (see my signature) to version F22a, I am not able anymore to start my formerly working OS X 10.11.6 system.
It automatically restarts at the very beginning, after writing the sequence of "+++++++++"

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? Could you provide me working BIOS settings for Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5?

Note: I've noticed that after updating my BIOS, its settings were reset to default, so I've tried to restore (by heart) the previous ones.

Thank you.
Hi,
I have tried with shutdown fix" in clover configurator. ACPI-> "FixShutdown_0004 and after two or three attempts, it worked

Hi everyone.
I have just built my first hackintosh and i still have a problem to slove.
I hope someone can help me.
My problem is that the system reboot again shortly after power off (after 3 seconds).
My setup is as follows:
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE Mainboard (with BIOS version update F22)
Intel Core i7-6700K Prozessor
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (32GB)
macOS Sierra Version 10.12.5
NVIDEA Web Driver
Clover V.2.4 EFI bootloader

Most likely a RTC problem. Do you have AppleRTC in config? Have you tried FixShutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back