Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I don't know if this was already said somewhere, but I haven't been able to find this anywhere online.

If you're like me, you have an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip. When I installed Mountain Lion on my laptop with this chip, I had CONSTANT graphical errors, whenever I did anything.

The solution: Go into your S/L/E folder, and delete every kext related to Intel HD Graphics 4000, not 3000. I did this, rebooted, and now I haven't seen a single graphical error yet.

I haven't been using my laptop with the fix for THAT long, but it's working so far, so you should try it out!

thx! I could not find a solution to this problem, your method really helped

Hey guys, I don't know if this was already said somewhere, but I haven't been able to find this anywhere online.

If you're like me, you have an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip. When I installed Mountain Lion on my laptop with this chip, I had CONSTANT graphical errors, whenever I did anything.

The solution: Go into your S/L/E folder, and delete every kext related to Intel HD Graphics 4000, not 3000. I did this, rebooted, and now I haven't seen a single graphical error yet.

I haven't been using my laptop with the fix for THAT long, but it's working so far, so you should try it out!

It doesn't make much sense. In a properly configured system, the kexts associated with HD4000 don't load. They are just files on disk...

If this "fixes" anything, it is an indication of other problems in your install or pure chance...

RehabMan, I was already convinced, apparently it was just a coincidence :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back