Contribute
Register

My method of removing graphical artifacts for Intel HD 3000 users

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys, I don't know if this was already said somewhere, but I haven't been able to find this anywhere online.

If you're like me, you have an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip. When I installed Mountain Lion on my laptop with this chip, I had CONSTANT graphical errors, whenever I did anything.

The solution: Go into your S/L/E folder, and delete every kext related to Intel HD Graphics 4000, not 3000. I did this, rebooted, and now I haven't seen a single graphical error yet.

I haven't been using my laptop with the fix for THAT long, but it's working so far, so you should try it out!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.0 Bios U1c
CPU
Intel 2600k
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
thx! I could not find a solution to this problem, your method really helped

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey guys, I don't know if this was already said somewhere, but I haven't been able to find this anywhere online.

If you're like me, you have an integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip. When I installed Mountain Lion on my laptop with this chip, I had CONSTANT graphical errors, whenever I did anything.

The solution: Go into your S/L/E folder, and delete every kext related to Intel HD Graphics 4000, not 3000. I did this, rebooted, and now I haven't seen a single graphical error yet.

I haven't been using my laptop with the fix for THAT long, but it's working so far, so you should try it out!
It doesn't make much sense. In a properly configured system, the kexts associated with HD4000 don't load. They are just files on disk...

If this "fixes" anything, it is an indication of other problems in your install or pure chance...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.0 Bios U1c
CPU
Intel 2600k
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
RehabMan, I was already convinced, apparently it was just a coincidence :|