1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

every one I want to thank all the gr8 ppl here for their hard work

I installed mac os x mavericks 10.9.1 on My MB Asus maximus vi extreme
on GPT partition with Unibeast But it impossible to boot into it with out unibeast USB drive
I tried bootloaders such as chimera and clover but no luck
even when I give the HDD I installed moc on it the first periority it just boot in a black screen like if it was
an empty HDD

I used the MBR patch it was my last chance and it fix the boot problem , I know its not legal here
but my hackintosh every thing working but not very stable

I able now to dual boot windows 8.1 and mavericks

I want some one to tell me how to boot it from GPT partition , cuz I'm planning to delete my current os x and reinstall it on GPT

please help

My Hack Pro rig is built on the Maximus VI Extreme and it is VERY stable on OS X (and previously Windows 7). I am running BIOS 1402 and things work as they should (you still have to put the boot loader on the EFI partition if you want to stop using the USB device for booting - excellent guide in the Guides section on this site for how to do that).

I would highly recommend updating your BIOS if you are on any earlier version (as always be careful when carrying out the BIOS upgrade).

If you are not sure, have a look on the ROG forums about all the headaches (I personally had to suffer through some of them) that people had with older VI Extreme BIOS versions.

My Hack Pro rig is built on the Maximus VI Extreme and it is VERY stable on OS X (and previously Windows 7). I am running BIOS 1402 and things work as they should (you still have to put the boot loader on the EFI partition if you want to stop using the USB device for booting - excellent guide in the Guides section on this site for how to do that).

I would highly recommend updating your BIOS if you are on any earlier version (as always be careful when carrying out the BIOS upgrade).

If you are not sure, have a look on the ROG forums about all the headaches (I personally had to suffer through some of them) that people had with older VI Extreme BIOS versions.

exellent , my Bios version is 1402 and every thing working

Now my os x ids based on MBR partition cuz I couldn't boot it from GPT partition

will you please give me the guide that you used it

or just tell me your Bios Boot setting and how to put the boot loader in EFI properly

BTW I used Windows 8.1 pro dual boot with os x 10.9.3

not working for me

its boot into windows 8.1 put not into mac ox x
Then you screwed up... Clover or Chimera in EFI partition is the solution.

I am using Chimera. Just follow the guide and you can also get it working. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back